• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Evening

Comment

I'm only 15 posts behind AtW. I didn't know he used to be a TPDer.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
        Evening
        Good evening Bunk.

How's it swinging?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Good evening Bunk.

How's it swinging?
          Ello

Quiet on here tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            Evening chaps!
            Hi cojak - sorry I missed you

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
              I'm only 15 posts behind AtW. I didn't know he used to be a TPDer.
              Indeed - for a while, AtW and Diver were the TPDenizens who kept this place open all night long

I sometimes used to join in the late night/small hours of the morning chats too

AtW's OK - he gets a lot of flak over on General for his views on economics (the handbaggers of General being the World's leading experts in the field, and therefore ideally positioned to repudiate his arguments with an arrogance implying that they think they've refuted them, which is of course not the same thing at all ) but he's a very nice chap, even if some people who take themselves far too seriously (over in General again - specifically) can't get their heads round his, shall we say, impish sense of humour

Comment

Hmm... 65 comment spams caught in the past 24 hours

I cleaned out something like 10,000 spam comments the other day - then again, I hadn't done any weeding for a bit, and every single one had been caught by the comment-spam-prevention thingy. (That reminds me, a couple did get through many months ago - I must go and eradicate them.)

And there go another couple of hundred. Looked like there were only two or three different comment spam engines involved though. They get very easy to spot even when you're just holding down the "page down" key on a list of 200 - anything out of the ordinary soon catches the eye, and that's when only the first thirty characters or so are being displayed. I paused for the first couple of ones in the Cyrillic alphabet, but I think there were fewer than ten of them once I'd whizzed through the lot and binned it all

There seems to have been quite an increase both in spam email and in comment spam on my site recently, after things had died off for a bit. The botnets must be blossoming in the spring sunshine

Still, the other day I got a comment from a real person who'd been helped by a post of mine, which makes it all worthwhile

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Hmm... 65 comment spams caught in the past 24 hours

I cleaned out something like 10,000 spam comments the other day - then again, I hadn't done any weeding for a bit, and every single one had been caught by the comment-spam-prevention thingy. (That reminds me, a couple did get through many months ago - I must go and eradicate them.)

And there go another couple of hundred. Looked like there were only two or three different comment spam engines involved though. They get very easy to spot even when you're just holding down the "page down" key on a list of 200 - anything out of the ordinary soon catches the eye, and that's when only the first thirty characters or so are being displayed. I paused for the first couple of ones in the Cyrillic alphabet, but I think there were fewer than ten of them once I'd whizzed through the lot and binned it all

There seems to have been quite an increase both in spam email and in comment spam on my site recently, after things had died off for a bit. The botnets must be blossoming in the spring sunshine

Still, the other day I got a comment from a real person who'd been helped by a post of mine, which makes it all worthwhile

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Indeed - for a while, AtW and Diver were the TPDenizens who kept this place open all night long

I sometimes used to join in the late night/small hours of the morning chats too

AtW's OK - he gets a lot of flak over on General for his views on economics (the handbaggers of General being the World's leading experts in the field, and therefore ideally positioned to repudiate his arguments with an arrogance implying that they think they've refuted them, which is of course not the same thing at all ) but he's a very nice chap, even if some people who take themselves far too seriously (over in General again - specifically) can't get their heads round his, shall we say, impish sense of humour
                    He can be a nice chap : but he can also deliberately troll. I suppose that is to be expected in general.....

But his economic policies would take us back to the middle ages!

Comment

morning all

Comment

Working...
                      X