• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    So do I but we're darn Sarf where you can't get a good one. Fish with the skin left on <shudder>. Soggy chips. No curry sauce. No pickled eggs.
    I'm a big fan of pickled eggs, especially when they've been pickled in the leftover vingear from a jar of picked onions.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Hmmm. Beer.
      I like beer, me.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
        Well spotted - I must pay more attention
        Also, "thread tools" an d"display modes" behaviour is different and clicking on "Quick Links" now changes the menu instead of giving a sub-menu.

I thought I could only have 50 private messages but now I can have 200.

You can resize the dialog box I am typing into.

The icon for this message is called "Question" and should be a question mark, but I bet it's not.
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
          I like beer, me.
          Now I've got something I like more than beer.

More beer.
          Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

I thought I could only have 50 private messages but now I can have 200.
            I think that change was done a while ago - I seem to have had about 140 messages in my inbox for a while now. I really should read some of them.

Comment

The timer just went. That means the chicken risotto is ready.

Comment

Now I've got something I like more than beer.

More beer.
                Second only to even more beer (and a couple of picked eggs)

Comment

The timer just went. That means the chicken risotto is ready.
                  ... and it was just delivered under my nose.

Now I can drivel and eat!

I've never had a gig where I could do that.

Comment

I've just seen what is on on Radio 4 at 9pm.

It is a programme about Chi-Chi the Panda.

I have just read the DigiGuide review...

... I have just been surprised.

I must be getting older.

Comment

Evening denizens

Somebody was working late, so I ended up staying at the office until half seven, ing away at my over-engineered admin thingy

Their PHP apps all come with a config.php file containing various bits and a bunch of define('foo', 'bar'); lines. I was interested in a couple of the values so defined; rather than just including them from my app (which would have done other things that might have confused the issue, but probably wouldn't) I wrote a parser for them, including a particularly horrendous regular expression that took me about two hours to work out

And then BBQ ribs and chips for dinner with a pint of Black Sheep. Not too bad a day, all in all

Comment

Working...
                      X