• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    There's a very strange programme on Radio 4 about Percy Edwards.
    I don't think "strange" quite sums up its oddness really...

Comment

And it takes me yonks to do a refresh.

El BI

got
      a
      PALI*

!!!
      !!!

Merely for completeness or something

*subject to revision in the event of newbie posts...

chain saw & router returned to cupboard...

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        They havge just changed the rules about eating at your desk here. they are allowing people to eat sandwiches and other cold food at their desk, hot food must still be consumed in the canteen.
        Is that because hot gravy does more damage to keyboards than cold Pepsi?

Or because hot chips cause more injuries than scalding tea?

The H&S procedures say "do a risk assessment and make your decisions based on that".

Dick-heads.
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Cheese requires an investment of time. While the cheese is forming, we could have just scoffed the milk. We have to have defences that made us feel sufficiently secure that we could make that investment.
          Neglecting the fact that most of the non Caucasian part of humanity cannot digest milk in adulthood...

i.e. Honkies is weird...

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
            Whilst browsing the sausage rolls on offer, one in particular was calling to me. There was something quite spellbinding about the way the light glistened off the grease on that particular one, and I knew I had to have it.
            Ooh, now I've got a semi.

I might just have to go and nuke my cheese sarnie so it too will glisten and run with fatty loveliness.
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Is that because hot gravy does more damage to keyboards than cold Pepsi?

Or because hot chips cause more injuries than scalding tea?

The H&S procedures say "do a risk assessment and make your decisions based on that".

Dick-heads.
              It because of the smell. Most people, including me as it happens, object to having to sit in an office that stinks of half a dozen different food odours.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

one of the PM's here is supposedly bringing in some samosas
                Now that, ladies and gentlemen, is a PM that knows how to manage.

Comment

I have turned down an invitation to attend ClientCo Curry Thursday in the canteen today though.
                  Why is ClientCo Curry always a disappointment?

At Last ClientCo, they did a lovely Cornation Chicken baguette. Tangy, with chucks of chicken and big, plump, ripe sultanas. Mmmmm.

Their chicken curry, however, was more like a chicken yoghurt. It was like lumpy mansauce served with boil-in-the-bag rice. With the obligatory popadom that has been soaked in the tepid vegetable oil in the fryer. Poor. Very poor.

Comment

BT in Leeds used to do a very good Thursday Curry. Mind you it was provided by a completely different catering outfit to the usual crowd ( Compass IIRC ). It was cheaper, tastier and came in bigger portions to boot.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Result - four vegetable samosas and two onion baghis
                      My dinner tonight (besides a free buffet courtesy of the BCS) was to be a Cornish Pastie at Waterloo station.

I might have to re-assess that decision in the light of your experience.

I wonder if they do a curry pastie... bliss.

Comment

Working...
                      X