• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
    I wanted ducks - I thought I could train then to swim on the canal and come back, unfortunately I have two dogs which scare most things - apart from the heron who I did not see last year!

The gease are the funniest - they fly into the garden ( which is fenced off) and honk at the dogs - it drives my next door neighbour and
    Blimey - sounds like chaos in your back garden! I reckon a dog is on the cards for us sometime soon - the kids would love one. I'd like a Husky but they're a lot of work and it's difficult to train the instinct to run out of them.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Blimey, look at the time - I'd better get some sleep. Fortunately just a half day tomorrow.

Nighty night
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
        Blimey - sounds like chaos in your back garden! I reckon a dog is on the cards for us sometime soon - the kids would love one. I'd like a Husky but they're a lot of work and it's difficult to train the instinct to run out of them.
        Ahh the blue eyed hounds! They are lovely.

I have a staffie - who is great with the kids and Lab who is grumpy. I would have a staff anyday around kids if they are brought up with them.

But yes, Chaos in the garden, the house you name it !!even now I can hear moans of 'Milk' from DS....Groan!
        Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Right - off to bed !

Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
            I never knew this at the time, but the main AT&T Labs European office was at the end of the road I used to live on. I heard that Bjarne Stroustrup (the father of C++) came along to close it down, but I bet he didn't hang around for long, and I bet he didn't stay in the Campanile next door.
            My favourite saying of Bjarne's is:

I used to wish that my computer was as easy to use as my telephone. Now my wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Last edited by NickFitz; 27 February 2009, 00:55. Reason: Minor correction due to fail

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
              ...woken up by ducks and gease at 5pm this morning !
              I know you're on the bench, but it's still worth bearing in mind that "5pm" is not actually in the morning

That reminds me of the time at Y! when I was heading up the stairs out of Leicester Square Tube station at nearly six on a Monday evening, on my way to do three hours in an empty office as the start of my week

As I ascended to the pavement, the project manager appeared, heading down into the Tube.

"Hi Nick! Have a nice day at work!" he said, grinning broadly

Don't tell me the French have no sense of humour

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
                ...getting the names right is the hardest bit
                The word "Darling" was invented for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                  Too early!
                  Bunk
                  Not worth listening to

century

Comment

Population
                    2066 Revenues
                    477150 € Unemployment 1 %
                    Transport 100 %
                    Crime rate 2 %
                    Pollution 2 %

rank=325

Comment

7 hours 51 minutes until hometime : though that includes lunch....

Comment

Working...
                      X