• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Touch wood she'll be ok.

It appears that you've not ceased your nocturnal ramblings...

Mind you, us old blokes don't need much sleep, do we?
    Hi Churchill

Indeed... and it also seems that this is the only time 3's "mobile internet" thing (which I am now firmly convinced is running on a 486DS2 with an outdated version of WinSock) will function reliably-ish

In yet more news...

The pub has a kind of baby Jumble Sale in the corner where I was lurking tonight - a coffee-table piled up with books, videos and DVDs, all of them 50p each for the Yorkshire Air Ambulance

The 81-year old chap had a quick browse, and found an 'Allo 'Allo spin-off book - apparently the chap who plays Rene lives, or used to live, just down the road from him and his missus, so he bought that one.

This inspired me to have a bit of a delve, and as a result I now have two second-hand books:
    1. The Pianist by Wladyslaw Szpilman (I had to check that name three times ) - I vaguely remember thinking that I ought to read it when I read the reviews on its first publication (1999). Since then it's been made into a film that I haven't seen, according to the cover.
    2. The Hundred and One Dalmatians by Dodie Smith - I read this as a child; I was already aware that it has been made into a film on a number of occasions... and I haven't seen any of them. The book was good enough that I never saw the need to see any of the films

For those who like 101D, I might as well mention that the sequel, The Starlight Barking, is also very good. I don't think anybody's ever made a film of it though.

SPOILER AHEAD

It involves the spirit of Sirius, the Dog Star, coming to Earth and making all the humans remain asleep for twenty-four hours, during which the dogs gain telepathic and psychokinetic powers. Sirius offers to take all of the dogs to live with him in eternal comfort, but the dogs decide that they can't just abandon their humans, and elect to stay here to look after them, on the grounds that humans aren't very good at looking after themselves
    Last edited by NickFitz; 26 February 2009, 02:14. Reason: Spoiler alert

Comment

3's getting tortuous again

Goodnight denizens

(P.S. I'll get more of those stats queries sorted out and put them up with charts on testpleasedelete.com Real Soon Now )

Comment

Morning
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Morning all

Where is everyone?

Or did you all get pissed last night celebrating the Doggie's birthday?

Comment

Morning

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

As a wise man once said.

"It must be Thursday, I never could get the hang of Thursdays."
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                Got it

El Bazza

got
                a
                00*

!!!
                !!!

Merely for completeness or something

*subject to revision in the event of newbie posts...

Ah, the relief... my whittling is making my hands hurt...

Comment

morning

Comment

morning all
                    Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
                      morning all
                      WHS
                      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Working...
                      X