• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Best of luck to your mum with her op...

My dad had something similar some years ago.

It's my mum's 85th birthday today...
    Thanks Zeity

She's had to wait longer than expected due to some problem with her sodium levels making the anaesthetist a bit wary. I can see the anaesthetist's point, given that (IIRC from A Level Biology) the entire functionality of nerve cells depends on the balance of sodium and potassium ions across the cellular membrane, which implies that having out-of-kilter sodium levels could dramatically alter the effect of a major anaesthetic on the entire nervous system, and not in a good way

However, we seem to have missed a celebration...

Zeity's Mum

85 years

FTW

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Population
        2012 Revenues
        464300 € Unemployment 2 %
        Transport 98 %
        Crime rate 2 %
        Pollution 1 %

rank=319

Comment

Will this be a quiet day on tpd?

Comment

Off to church

Comment

Morning All.

Back to the land of the living...

"I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Thanks Zeity

She's had to wait longer than expected due to some problem with her sodium levels making the anaesthetist a bit wary. I can see the anaesthetist's point, given that (IIRC from A Level Biology) the entire functionality of nerve cells depends on the balance of sodium and potassium ions across the cellular membrane, which implies that having out-of-kilter sodium levels could dramatically alter the effect of a major anaesthetic on the entire nervous system, and not in a good way
                My dad had his gallstones removed by endoscope via the mouth... he had sedation rather than GA...
                Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                However, we seem to have missed a celebration...

Zeity's Mum

85 years

FTW

Zeity's mum says "Thanks ever so much"...

Comment

Morning all...

Comment

Byeeee

Comment

15 February: A new factory has just opened.

Comment

Working...
                      X