• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK
    I am going to raid the freezer for a WW ready meal

Mr ZBD has gone down pub and left me some wine
    Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Just got an error from the Eurostar booking site:

erreur technique numero :
      Code : Not Caught
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
        Trying just cutting down, I have put on over 2 1/2 stone since having DS and Mr ZBD has about 3 stone to lose.
        Lost, nearly a stone - but I ideally need to lose another 2
        Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
        Mr ZBD has gone down pub and left me some wine
        So its going well then!

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
          They should have got NickFitz in to code it....

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post

Comment

evening all

Comment

I've just PVA'd the kitchen walls for the 2nd night running.
                One more coat tomorrow and its ready for the plasterer

Comment

online shopping was due for delivery today but they have cancelled all deliveries. I will have to visit the store in person to get the shopping.

If wifey comes then we can add another £30-50 quid on top

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Saw a new Heinz Beans ad the other day - it has one or two second clips of loads of TV ads they've done over the years.

To my delight, it actually includes about a second of the mythical lost ad having a dig at Margaret Thatcher back in the early Eighties - it was broadcast twice, then quietly withdrawn. I was lucky enough to see it both times, but some of my friends thought I was making it up when I described it to them

Good to have some actual proof that it exists I wish they'd show all of it, or stick it on YouTube.
                    I've found the new ad on YouTube

To explain: the Heinz Beans ads back in the early Eighties had the theme of somebody eating beans as a child, and becoming a well-known adult. So, for example, a young boy would be seen eating beans and saying "Mum, if I ate enough Heinz Beans do you think I could win an Olympic medal?", and the mother would say "Yeah, whatever," and then it would cut to the adult Linford Christie eating beans and smiling happily at the viewer.

So, this ad was set in a pre-war kitchen, where a blonde-haired little girl had a plate of beans on toast put in front of her. She asks "Mummy, if I ate enough Heinz Baked Beans, do you think I could become Prime Minister?"

"Yes, you could, Margaret," says the mother. Then a look of horror spreads over the mothers face: "Yes, you could!" she says, turning and grabbing the plate of beans back from the girl

Anyway, you can see the young Thatcher having her beans confiscated, lest terrible things happen, at about 24 seconds in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VXZJci-bCA#t=24s

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                      evening all
                      Hey Monkey
                      Bazza gets caught
                      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                      X