• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I've just phoned to cancel my interview oop North - no way am I even going to try to move the car from its parking place on to the road (a distance of about thirty yards), never mind driving a 200 mile round trip
    News just in: a telephone interview has been arranged.

I like the way they make me call them, rather than calling me

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
      It's snowing again now.
      Same here - very light at the moment...
      Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

News just in: a telephone interview has been arranged.

I like the way they make me call them, rather than calling me

Well done Nick

Know what you mean it is so the 'Client' doesn't get hold of you direct telephone number. Apparently!

Comment

It's snowing again now.
          It's not snowing here at the moment, but I strongly suspect it'll start again shortly

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
            Well done Nick

Know what you mean it is so the 'Client' doesn't get hold of you direct telephone number. Apparently!
            Hi Zara

Indeed - the fact that modern telephone systems are capable of handling a technology known as "Calling Line Identification" appears to be lost on them

Comment

Morning denizens

I've just phoned to cancel my interview oop North - no way am I even going to try to move the car from its parking place on to the road (a distance of about thirty yards), never mind driving a 200 mile round trip

On the plus side, had a call about the other potential gig - I'm riding high so far on the basis of the other CVs they've received

Shame about interview : good news about the other gig though

Comment

Morning denizens

On the plus side, had a call about the other potential gig - I'm riding high so far on the basis of the other CVs they've received
                Morning Nick

Sounds promising so far.
                Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

good luck NF

Comment

Hey Bear

How are you?
                    Better since they announced a 0.5% cut in interest rates - that's £200+ better off a month.

Which is handy as we had a pipe burst last night - I've temporarily fixed it but I'm going to need to call a man in.
                    Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Dinner Time

Kids just given me their orders

Comment

Working...
                      X