• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyways, time for bed
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
      Think I'm coming down with a cold, as is DD - she puts a much braver face on it though

Thankfully it's just a half day at ClientCo tomorrow, then two days to recuperate.
      Please don't pass it on - especially not with my early mornings I have to do next week.

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
      Anyways, time for bed
      Night night matey. See you in the morning. Will you be partaking in the Friday ritual?

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
        Hey HC

I think I am ready to leave the office now.... been here since 5.30am!!

I soooooo need a sleep!
        Crikey CM - do you get to take the whole of Feb off?

Thats even earlier than I have to be in next week... and I am already dreading that.

Comment

Greetings, Salutations, and Felicitations, thou diseased and overworked denizens

< manly as necessary

Comment

Originally posted by HeliCraig View Post
            Thats even earlier than I have to be in next week... and I am already dreading that.
            Just a few years ago I went into work for nine on Friday morning, worked through to around two on Sunday morning, did an hour's drive home up the M1, slept for about three hours, then drove back down the M1 and over to a remote village to the home of my then boss.

Then he drove us down to Richmond, where I was stuck in a server room and left to configure a brand new server, and then deploy and test the entire Intranet-with-custom-CMS thingy I'd written, integrate it with AD (well, the client's EMEA AD domain...), test all of that, tidy up, then finally be driven back to the remote village (hamlet, really), then drive back up the motorway, getting home at around nine on Sunday evening with just a few hours of sleep in the previous seventy-two hours

Still, IIRC I was allowed to take Monday morning off

That was in my last permy job. That is also why I never want to be a permy again
            Last edited by NickFitz; 30 January 2009, 03:13.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              The drivel in the post before this
              I would however like to mention that my then boss was actually a brilliant chap to work for. He'll never read TPD or be aware of what I said up there, but it's only fair to mention that he was probably the best employer I've ever had

At least I learned (for the umpteenth time) that it's hard to produce a complex application all on your own within extremely tight timescales

I did it though... and it was beyond the end client's wildest dreams

Comment

Weird and wonderful Japanese pop video, anyone?

(Make sure you go for the "Watch in high quality" link beneath the bottom right of the controls, then go fullscreen.)
                BTW, that won the Japanese music industry's award for "Best Video 2006" - deservedly in my view, even though I haven't seen the other contenders

The live rendition of the song at the awards ceremony is also available on YouTube, though not in "high quality"

Comment

BTW, that won the Japanese music industry's award for "Best Video 2006" - deservedly in my view, even though I haven't seen the other contenders

The live rendition of the song at the awards ceremony is also available on YouTube, though not in "high quality"
                  I like the way that, rather than having some nonentity hand over the award, it instead gets brought to her by the Dancing Harlequin Ninjas at the end of the song

Comment

Morning
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Morning chaps!

Working from home today...
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X