• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Pretty good client, when you think of it

Gone now though - just like the folder
    1st permie job - company bought out and gone.
    2nd permie job - whole dept laid off.
    1st contract - department sold off
    2nd contract - owner of company died, company followed
    3rd contract - gov dept absorbed by another
    4th contract - department sold off
    5th contract - council, therefore perpetual
    6th contract - council, therefore perpetual
    7th contract - utility, therefore perpetual
    8th contract - gov dept being closed down / sold off
    current contract - gov dept, doomed probably.

There were some small bits of work in between these that I try to forget about. Plus a business startup that no longer exists.
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
      I had mine done on Friday and it was 170 over 120.
      I got to see the doctor the following Friday (two days ago) and he took another blood pressure reading. He then went into "Now, there's no need to panic, but..." mode.

He told me he's arranging a visit to the hospital for a thingy to be attached to me to monitor it all the time. He also said I was to buy a monitor and take readings for 3 weeks, unless it stays in the 120 mark in which case I'm to get to see him within a week.

I suppose the 174 over 132 and 170 over 130 readings I've had since then suggest I need to go back sooner rather than later.
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        I'm backing up my web site, preparatory to upgrading WordPress.

Over the last few years, I've often sent large files to clients by uploading them to a suitably-named directory and emailing them a link. Unfortunately, I seldom bothered to delete them.

As a result, I'm now having to wait ages for a load of irrelevant garbage to download over FTP

Time for a clear-out before the WP upgrade, I think
        I'm going to have to sort out my company website, I tried to create it using Nvu and CSS - I could never make CSS work and I realised that I was never going to make it as a web developer..

never thought of using Word Press for it though..

Could you send me a link to yours once you've set it up please. NF? It might give me a few ideas...

(I do have a little tiddlywiki that I send to clients which I'm quite proud of - I might just expand that...)
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I thought Nvu was good, I just tried to be too clever with CSS, and I should have simplified the design - I've got courses on there that I have no intention of running again. It's just as well no-one looks at it.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

I suppose the 174 over 132 and 170 over 130 readings I've had since then suggest I need to go back sooner rather than later.
            I've got a firend who's had high blood pressure for years - she took some herbal (and non-conflicting) supplements and now it's close to normal.

Her GP laughed and said it was a placebo effect... She didn't care what it was - it did the trick.

I'll find out what it was and let you know...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              I thought Nvu was good, I just tried to be too clever with CSS, and I should have simplified the design - I've got courses on there that I have no intention of running again. It's just as well no-one looks at it.
              I struggled with NVu and switched to the KompoZer fork to avoid some of the bugs. I felt it would be nice if only someone finished it.

I also used it as my opportunity to get my head around CSS; for some reason I failed.

Comment

I was queuing for a till at Waitrose on Thurdays just gone, met a super cute 25 year girl old in the queue got her number, took out last night and bingo , not gf material, she's a bit thick but it add's to the appeal defo going to be a lot of fun next few weeks

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                  Holy tulip.....

I'm hoping for the belly exit.. much less messy!!
                  A friend of our had a caesarian a few weeks ago. It must have been like the scene from Aliens.

They cut the baby's head open, cut her lower intestines open and just for good measure, left a swab inside her.

Comment

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

A friend of our had a caesarian a few weeks ago. It must have been like the scene from Aliens.

They cut the baby's head open, cut her lower intestines open and just for good measure, left a swab inside her.
                      J H Christ!

That's horrific!

I do hope she is engaging the services of a good lawyer.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X