• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bear View Post
    Evening all
    Evening Bear

Haw are we all?
    Better for being at home

There's a young girl with absolutely no ettiquette in front of me, she's wearing a very short skirt and has sat down on the floor with her knees up!
    Never mind etiquette, nice view or not?
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

'ello Bear, not seen you in a while. I assume I missed the part where you tell everyone where you've been
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

There's a young girl with absolutely no ettiquette in front of me, she's wearing a very short skirt and has sat down on the floor with her knees up!

What's the world coming to?
        qualms about winding up lecherous old gits on the train
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Gotta go drop DS1 at "Cubs" and pick up DS2 from "Beavers".
          Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            qualms about winding up lecherous old gits on the train
            Oi! I resent that!

I'm not that old!

And i'm not usually like that on trains...i find outside in the daylight is far better !
            Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

hidemyass.com is a free web proxy service. You go their site, enter the address of the site you want to look at and they display it for you. Your computer never touches the target site and is never recorded in it's access logs so no-one can prove you looked at it.

They sell themselves as a way to get at BeBo, YouTube, Facebook etc from schools and offices that would otherwise block access.

A side effect of this is that if you wanted to try and get into a site that required a username and password, like CUK, you can do it without CUK knowing who it is trying to get in.

As for who it is, we can narrow the field a little to someone who knows enough about you that they know you post here and what your CUK name is. So unless you told lots of people IRL what your CUK name is, chances are it is someone else who hangs out on CUK.

If we know the date and time they tried it and can compare that to the list of people online at that time then based on previous experience, I'd be prepared to bet a decent amount of money that it was one of those people.
              Thanks Dave... I kinda understand.

For the record, admin said it's happened to me and one other user (and admin themselves) this afternoon.
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

'ello Bear, not seen you in a while. I assume I missed the part where you tell everyone where you've been
                I popped in earlier, although i just said i've been busy - which is true.

And i will be for the next couple of months too. ClientCo is very busy and from now 'til April is going to be very busy getting Plan B really out there in the public domain.
                Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Had a bit of a prod and that server look like it's part of the proxy service operated by these guys. http://www.hidemyass.com/

So, whoever was having a go at CM's account, they at least know enough or are smart enough to use a proxy to cover their tracks.

Having dealt with these guys and others in the past getting any info out of them without resort to formal legal proceedings is not going to get anywhere.

For the time being the best you can do is to ask the admins to confirm the activity and it's source and block access from the associated address range, at least temporarily.
                  If you go through hidemyass, the ip address is blocked for CUK. Whether that's new this afternoon or not, I couldn't say as I've never used them before.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Evening all.

What a day!

Just off to general to wind up the Heathrow debate a bit more. Last I checked (when I left ClientCo at 1430) I had somehow really got PM-Junkies goat, so as to speak!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                      If you go through hidemyass, the ip address is blocked for CUK. Whether that's new this afternoon or not, I couldn't say as I've never used them before.
                      If that is indeed the IP address that was used in an attempt to hack administrator's account, I'm not surprised it's been blocked

Comment

Working...
                      X