• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ravello View Post
    Hey VF, pretty busy to be honest, client has changed their mind about 3 times in the last week and have now decided to collectively shirk all responsibility and have asked yours truly to define how they should combine their business processes with the software my project delivered... Largely I'm well beyond caring, so the answer is going to be whatever causes me least hassle
    No chance of using the situation to stretch the contract out a bit?

Still bored tho.. and worse, I'm a late riser so I've still got an hour to go.
    Bored here too - have a couple of minor things to do, and some stuff in the pipeline, but it's hard to get enthused about it.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
      No chance of using the situation to stretch the contract out a bit?
      Nope not a chance unfortunately - it's a local government shindig so budget for next year is already submitted and apportioned - only way the budget will go from here is down.
      Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
        Bored here too - have a couple of minor things to do, and some stuff in the pipeline, but it's hard to get enthused about it.
        Have you built your MP3 artwork organiser thingummy-jig?

Comment

Skool is now disappearing back in the murk... and the dark...

Whoooooooo....

Comment

I'm covered in little bits of white abs swarf.

It's statically charged & difficult to get rid of...

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Just got back from my interview over in Brum. I think it went reasonably well.

They want to do a technical test too, pairing with one of the permy devs for a couple of hours. They then admitted that as well as checking technical ability, which they got skanked on by the guy they dumped just before Christmas, it's also a way of making sure one gets on with the team on a personal level, which seems reasonable. It's vaguely reassuring that they want it to be a team that gets along with one another, rather than just a bunch of wage slaves.

However, the dev lead's house flooded at the weekend, so he didn't have time to make the arrangements; they're hoping to do it on Friday now.

The actual project sounds very cool indeed - definitely something I'd enjoy working on, and the chance to make real use of some technologies I've never got my hands properly dirty with to date (RDF, for example).

Fingers crossed

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                I'm covered in little bits of white abs swarf.

It's statically charged & difficult to get rid of...
                How about statically charging a balloon and using that as a mini vacuum cleaner?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Afternoon denizens

Just got back from my interview over in Brum. I think it went reasonably well.

They want to do a technical test too, pairing with one of the permy devs for a couple of hours. They then admitted that as well as checking technical ability, which they got skanked on by the guy they dumped just before Christmas, it's also a way of making sure one gets on with the team on a personal level, which seems reasonable. It's vaguely reassuring that they want it to be a team that gets along with one another, rather than just a bunch of wage slaves.

However, the dev lead's house flooded at the weekend, so he didn't have time to make the arrangements; they're hoping to do it on Friday now.

The actual project sounds very cool indeed - definitely something I'd enjoy working on, and the chance to make real use of some technologies I've never got my hands properly dirty with to date (RDF, for example).

Fingers crossed
                  Sounds good Nick, good luck for Friday!

Comment

Sounds good Nick, good luck for Friday!
                    Cheers Rav

Comment

How about statically charging a balloon and using that as a mini vacuum cleaner?
                      That's a thought, I could use the vacuum cleaner...

There was a very doubtful vacuum cleaner thingie doing odd things on the Teletubbies the other day...

Comment

Working...
                      X