• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh FFS

I've just got an automated email telling me that I'm reaching the data transfer limit on my web site.

The vast majority of that data transfer that "I" have used up has actually been consumed by spammers and spambots trying - and failing - to post garbage on the site.

Every time they try to post their spam to the site, it involves an HTTP request with a large payload, and an HTTP response that's very small as it just says "fsck off", yet I have to pay for their failed attempts at spamming

If I wasn't so fscking annoyed I'd start preaching about "The Tragedy of The Commons" - as if wittering about that would do any bloody good

Comment

A very happy new year to all

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        It's life Jim, but not as we know it.
        zeitghost
        More fingers than teeth

century

Comment

Population
          1759 Revenues
          407600 € Unemployment 0 %
          Transport 99 %
          Crime rate 1 %
          Pollution 1 %

rank=308

Comment

I see tpd wins thread of the year.

Comment

Morning all...

I've got the central heating pilot light to stay lit.

It's up to 9.7 deg C now.

Comment

10.5 deg C now...

Oh well, there's some more downloading to do...

Byeeeee

Comment

Happy New Year Everyone
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                    Happy New Year Everyone
                    WHS!

All the very best for 2009!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                      Due to my (self-inflicted) absence from CUK this year, plus missing out on the Christmas shindig through illness, I can't really do justice to a Christmas message again this year.

There are still some notable absences from CUK, and TPD in particular. Even my Downing Street petition to urge the prime minister to encourage DS23 to return to the drivel-haven has fallen on deaf ears. I can only hope that 2009 will see the return of the one true TPDeity.

It's been another hectic year over here though, and I for one will be glad to be able to rest up over the coming days / weeks / months after finishing an 18-month project which has involved a daily fight with management for the past 12 months of those. Even through my worst days of sickness, though, the joy of being away from work and with my family (and my pseudo-family in TPD) has helped me get by - hopefully 2009 will be a healthier year for everyone.

And so, that's all I can really offer you as a Christmas message this year, apart from to wish you all a very pleasant, restful and peaceful Christmas and a prosperous 2009 from my family and I to you and yours, and to leave you with this little CUK-inspired ditty

Squirrels roasting on an open fire,
                      "My Lunch" threads get up your nose,
                      A load of insults bein' thrown by a prat,
                      And bannings - off they go.

Everybody knows tay stuffed with mistletoe
                      Starts the season with a fight;
                      Nineteen shots, twelve mince pies in a row,
                      You'll find it hard to post tonight.

You know old CM's on her way;
                      She's got champagne and Red Bull on the sleigh,
                      And every pint of mild will make you spy
                      That pigs and reindeers really fly.

And so I'm offering this simple phrase
                      To posters, two to ninety two,
                      Though it's been said many times, many ways, Merry Christmas,
                      Expert drivellers, Merry Christmas to you.

(And a final pointer to those of you who are having problems finding "happiness". Read a copy of "How to be Free", or this post from Nick. Be grateful for what you all have - there are many more out there who have significantly less but are happier.)
                      Only just found this.....

Hope everyonehad a fabbo Christmas and all the best for 2009!!

for everyone, for everyone..... especially the doggie
                      Bazza gets caught
                      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                      X