• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
    Nick how has your day been today?
    Peaceful day in thanks, apart from going for the paper and then to the Chinese. I caught up on some of the 3000+ unread items on the various RSS feeds I subscribe to (which would be reduced to about 200 if I ever got around to weeding out the ones more than six months old) and watched several episodes of Frasier on DVD

The manager chappy was around yesterday fitting new locks to the place. He postponed changing the front one as the chap upstairs wouldn't be back until today, and wouldn't be able to get in; but he gave me the new keys for the front and back doors, and let himself into the other chap's flat (with his permission) to leave a set for him.

Simple experimentation with the back door, and an examination of the keys he gave me, reveals that he's given me two keys for the forthcoming front door lock, implying that the upstairs chap has two back door keys

So now I've got to try to catch the other chap sometime tomorrow to arrange a swap, otherwise he'll be locked out as of Monday

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Peaceful day in thanks, apart from going for the paper and then to the Chinese. I caught up on some of the 3000+ unread items on the various RSS feeds I subscribe to (which would be reduced to about 200 if I ever got around to weeding out the ones more than six months old) and watched several episodes of Frasier on DVD

The manager chappy was around yesterday fitting new locks to the place. He postponed changing the front one as the chap upstairs wouldn't be back until today, and wouldn't be able to get in; but he gave me the new keys for the front and back doors, and let himself into the other chap's flat (with his permission) to leave a set for him.

Simple experimentation with the back door, and an examination of the keys he gave me, reveals that he's given me two keys for the forthcoming front door lock, implying that the upstairs chap has two back door keys

So now I've got to try to catch the other chap sometime tomorrow to arrange a swap, otherwise he'll be locked out as of Monday
      I've got a load of RSS feeds that I go through and I most definitely need to trim them down, I can sit there going through them and easily lose a couple of hours!

One can never get tired of watching Frasier probably the best American comedy ever!

Every time I hear anything about keys I hear this in my head

That boy go raaaaaaa
      Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Right MOTD is I'm going to watch...
        That boy go raaaaaaa
        Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
          Right MOTD is I'm going to watch...
          Have fun

Comment

Summary of Friday and the weekend so far:

- Feeling a lot better every day. Hopefully might be back at work soon.

- Spending time with my parents while MrsF is out at a craft fair today.

- Went to the church bazaar in my parents village. Very good, and I managed to help out quite a bit with things, which was really nice. Lots of people asking how I am, which made me

- Girls very well behaved today, really proud of how good they have been. Made be

- Found out that while I've been off work, one of the best contractors on the project has left, the other really good one has been given her notice, and two of the others are leaving before Christmas. That only leaves my team (and the techies) with any contractors in them.

- Client gave me four weeks notice on Friday because they want to replace me with someone who will turn up rather than being ill. Even though they recognize that if I don't go back, they are fcuked completely as I'm the only person who knows the system. But if they can but in a load of carp quickly, then they get their fixed price paid off and can charge an exorbitant fee to fix it under business-as-usual budget. BUT, if I make it back soon, then they might be able to get rid of the replacement; team lead wants to, but doesn't know if he will be allowed to.

And on that happy note, I'm going to bed because I'm very

Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

- Went to the church bazaar in my parents village. Very good, and I managed to help out quite a bit with things, which was really nice. Lots of people asking how I am, which made me

- Girls very well behaved today, really proud of how good they have been. Made be

- Found out that while I've been off work, one of the best contractors on the project has left, the other really good one has been given her notice, and two of the others are leaving before Christmas. That only leaves my team (and the techies) with any contractors in them.

- Client gave me four weeks notice on Friday because they want to replace me with someone who will turn up rather than being ill. Even though they recognize that if I don't go back, they are fcuked completely as I'm the only person who knows the system. But if they can but in a load of carp quickly, then they get their fixed price paid off and can charge an exorbitant fee to fix it under business-as-usual budget. BUT, if I make it back soon, then they might be able to get rid of the replacement; team lead wants to, but doesn't know if he will be allowed to.

Many congrats on the health improvements!

Not sure whether the client stuff bodes well or ill, but I reckon it'll all work out in the long run - you're the kind of "unit of personnel" that's inevitably invaluable either there or elsewhere, so I don't imagine you'll have too many problems if this gig fails

Did you do the fortune-telling tent at the bazaar?
              "Cross my palm with silver...

"No, I'm a contractor, more silver...

"More...

"Ah, that's all the silver? In that case your fortune is...

<caresses crystal ball>

"You'll have no children and die by drowning. NEXT!"

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

Well done on health improvements. I am a bit shocked at the clientco stuff - hopefully you will be back soon and it will be BAU.

BP

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Population
                    1604 Revenues
                    370600 € Unemployment 1 %
                    Transport 99 %
                    Crime rate 1 %
                    Pollution 2 %

rank=291

2 visitors so far.....