• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I might settle down and watch the footy tonight

Comment

Blooming fireworks going off out the back - it's too early, FFS

It's probably chav kids, getting in there because one of the local morons has left the back gate unlocked.

I think I'll go out and lock it - with a bit of luck one of them will be injured trying to climb back out

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
        I think I might settle down and watch the footy tonight
        Sounds like a plan.

I just read that Cyrille Regis received his MBE today. He was part of the legendary West Brom side of the 70's that beat Man Utd 5-3 in one of the greatest matches ever, and scored goal of the season in 1982.

His achievements were even greater given the abhorrent racial abuse dished out to him, Laurie Cunningham and Brendan Batson in those days - West Brom were the first English side to field 3 black players at a time when racism was prevalent in the game, both on and off the pitch. Hopefully Cunningham was able to see how attitudes were improving in this respect before his tragic death in 1989.

Nice one Cyrille.
        Last edited by voodooflux; 4 November 2008, 20:49.
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Mmm noodles all gone!
          That boy go raaaaaaa
          Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Oh no the pool are 1 down!
            That boy go raaaaaaa

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
              Sounds like a plan.

I just read that Cyrille Regis received his MBE today. He was part of the legendary West Brom side of the 70's that beat Man Utd 5-3 in one of the greatest matches ever, and scored goal of the season in 1982.

His achievements were even greater given the abhorrent racial abuse dished out to him, Laurie Cunningham and Brendan Batson in those days - West Brom were the first English side to field 3 black players at a time when racism was prevalent in the game, both on and off the pitch. Hopefully Cunningham was able to see how attitudes were improving in this respect before his tragic death in 1989.
              Not a WBA fab but I remember Cyrille, incidentally what did he get his MBE for has he been doing charity work?
              That boy go raaaaaaa

Comment

Damn this might end up being a long night hmmm...
                That boy go raaaaaaa

Comment

I've just noticed something that I need to change in a proposal I'm writing...
                  That boy go raaaaaaa

Comment

Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
                    Not a WBA fab but I remember Cyrille, incidentally what did he get his MBE for has he been doing charity work?
                    Looks like the MBE was for services to sport and charity - he does a lot of volunteer work in the community and is involved with WaterAid. I think that goal against Norwich alone was worthy of a nighthood
                    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Steak's ready - rib-eye, fried, with home-made chips, gravy and petits pois

Comment

Working...
                      X