• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Well I'm on the Bench

Scrap price dropped through the floor yesterday, most companies have stopped buying altogether.

Prices will not start rising now until after Xmas so I've put the Barry job on stop til next year and laid off all the men

I will have to take one of the job offers now, looks like I'll have to work away again
    Sorry to hear that - looks like times are tough all over.

Wasn't one of those job offers in Dubai? Thats quite a good fallback plan! If I had the kids fulltime I would be off to Dubai in a shot!

Comment

BrilloPad 16,175
      zeitghost 13,971
      Diver 10,866
      cailin maith 10,157
      DS23 10,001
      BrowneIssue 8,564
      TheFaQQer 7,959
      NickFitz 7,406
      FiveTimes 6,110
      Bear 5,126
      Fortune Green 2,215
      DiscoStu 2,166
      Jog On 2,165
      El_Diablo 1,746
      voodooflux 1,541

Comment

Population
        1515 Revenues
        349500 € Unemployment 1 %
        Transport 99 %
        Crime rate 2 %
        Pollution 2 %

rank=283

I am first visitor of the day.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Sorry to hear that - looks like times are tough all over.

Wasn't one of those job offers in Dubai? Thats quite a good fallback plan! If I had the kids fulltime I would be off to Dubai in a shot!
          I don't want to leave my granddaughters.
          Silly I know, but they love their grandad to bits, and are always pestering to stay with us.
          My wife wouldn't leave them for sure, so i'd be stuck over their on my own

Maybe I'll get something soon over here. I was supposed to be meeting with the MD of one company this week, he called to ask if I was still available, and wanted to meet up when he was in this area, but he hasn't called back yet
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

I don't want to leave my granddaughters.
            Silly I know, but they love their grandad to bits, and are always pestering to stay with us.
            My wife wouldn't leave them for sure, so i'd be stuck over their on my own

Maybe I'll get something soon over here. I was supposed to be meeting with the MD of one company this week, he called to ask if I was still available, and wanted to meet up when he was in this area, but he hasn't called back yet
            Then you will have to relocate kids and grandkids as well!

Comment

Morning All.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Extremely <- blue with cold

I just popped out to the shop, and couldn't believe how cold it was - I've got the fire on full blast now, trying to get my toes warmed up.
                I haven't turned the central heating back on yet... I've got a couple of those heat pads from Lidl to keep me nice & toasty without using much energy (100W per pad).

It's more economical...

Comment

Originally posted by HeliCraig View Post
                  Mrs HC out, MiniHC asleep, beer in hand, Spooks on shortly.

Bliss.
                  Spooks.
                  Another one bites the dust...

Comment

Morning All.

How are you?

Comment

Well I'm on the Bench

Scrap price dropped through the floor yesterday, most companies have stopped buying altogether.

Prices will not start rising now until after Xmas so I've put the Barry job on stop til next year and laid off all the men

I will have to take one of the job offers now, looks like I'll have to work away again
                      Bugger.

And I've got two cars to get shot of... ho hum.

Comment

Working...
                      X