• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    hmm - if blood pressure bad best keep away from general!

This BP reading what shall I read?

seriously - get well soon.

BP
    Yes, sorry FaQQer, hope you get better soon - got a bit wrapped up in my own (somewhat petty) anger there for a second!

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
      Ta.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        Ta.
        No worries. Hope they manage to sort out your blood pressure - I'm having mine checked again on Thursday.
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

I still hope to see 200k - or will my children see it?
          Children don't count as witnesses, IIRC from the 50k dispute

(Not that I'm still bitter, you understand!)
          Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Still ill. Not really getting much better. Went to the doctor yesterday for blood pressure checks, which were VERY bad. VERY VERY VERY bad.

But he doesn't want to treat the blood pressure until he knows what it's like - the hospital didn't record any of the readings they took when I was in last week (or didn't send them to him) so he only has yesterdays to go on.

Back to the nurse tomorrow morning, then back to the doctor again on Friday morning, and I think he's going to put me on betablockers to help the blood pressure, migraines and dizziness (there was an interesting article in the Grauniad last week about migraine induced dizziness) in one go. He just doesn't want to do it yet until he's got some more accurate BP readings before treatment to know how it's going.
            Oh dear

Hope they get you sorted out soon - have a manly

Comment

Originally posted by HeliCraig View Post
              Evening all.. just passing through briefly.
              Hoping to get to the pub tonight to drink away my frustrations.

Apart from OfficeIdiot and ClientCo, I have just had my dad on the phone having a bash at me because I chucked away a shelving unit my brother made 10 years ago at school (it was well made!); which I have had in my house for 7 years and I chucked as part of the move into Mrs HC. Annoying thing is that my brother would never have mentioned it if it weren't for Dad going and telling him. FFS won't people just but the flip out!!!!
              Ah - families are a joy sometimes...

I can remember my dad and granddad falling out a LONG time ago because my dad joking said in passing "oh, you can choose your friends, but not your family". Well, that was it - "if you don't want to see us, then that's fine; I'll update my will and remove you and the children from it; we'll never see the grandchildren again if that's the way you feel....."
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Finally finished Dive Into Python

Now to get up to speed with whatever's new in Django 1.0

Comment

No worries. Hope they manage to sort out your blood pressure - I'm having mine checked again on Thursday.
                  I'm hoping so too - it's inconvenient, but treatable. I don't need to have it checked regularly (until now!) so I've no concept of what it has been and what it should be. MrsF gets hers checked every six weeks or so, so it's always monitored, whereas I have no idea about how long it's been going up for.

As long as something gets rid of the dizziness at the moment - I can't walk in a straight line at the moment, and if I stand up, I sway from side to side because my balance is off still. Just like being drunk, but cheaper, and a lot less fun.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

I dare not get mine taken! Especially during a day at ClientCo with OfficeIdiot.

Ah - families are a joy sometimes...
                    Aren't they just - the best bit is my little brother would never have remembered about it apart from my dad telling him, he hasn't mentioned it in 7 years so probably didn't even realise I had it still. Nag dammit.

Anyway have tea now. Some Plan B then some Plan Pub!!

Comment

Originally posted by HeliCraig View Post
                      Some Plan B then some Plan Pub!!
                      Sounds like a good couple of plans to me! My plan B has taken a setback this past couple of weeks with being ill - now I'm getting emails asking "are you still interested in this?" which I need to reply to to explain where I've been.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                      X