• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    Evening folks

Everyone is a winner with women's beach volleyball
    Evening

got any piccies?

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      ...a pint of snakebite...
      The student union at my polyversity served a drink called "Damage" that consisted of almost a pint of snakebite with a shot of Blue Bols and a splash of orange juice (an optional vodka could be added on special occasions.) The resulting concoction was an unmistakable bright greeen.

One night I drank something in the region of 7 or 8 pints of that - the exact figure is somewhat hazy. I was very, very ill for quite a while after that...
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        got any piccies?
        I'm sure I could find some (probably NSFW).
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

I'm off to bed.

Goodnight all
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Chicken Curry and boiled rice please.
            Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

Originally posted by wc2 View Post
              We shut now! You go home!

Comment

Originally posted by wc2 View Post
                On that note...

Down the pub last night (Saturday, not Sunday) a bloke who used to work there, and can be a bit of a pain, phoned the place up (after closing time) hooting about wanting to pop in for a late drink.

The girlies on the staff had kept relaying the manager's message that he wasn't welcome, but he just kept ringing back.

Anyway... I'd gone for a wazz before finishing the remains of my pint, and as I headed back the phone started going again. The manager, by now sitting down in the hope of relaxing for a few minutes before they (the staff) all headed up town to go clubbing, shouted "<insert name>, answer that phone and tell him to fsck off!"

Popping behind the bar, I picked up the phone:

[Me]: "Hello, Hong Kong Takeaway!"
                [DH]: "Oh right, yeah, course it is, yeah, I want to order a pizza!"
                [Me]: "Hello, Hong Kong Takeaway! We don't do pizza! OK, Bye!"
                [Me]: <hangs up>

He didn't call back - possibly because my Chinese-accent-mimicry is based on how Anglicised Chinese people speak, rather than on racist stereotypes
                Last edited by NickFitz; 22 September 2008, 01:36.

Comment

Hmm...

Looks like one of Diver's job offers has come to me by mistake:
                  - Dear Beloved,Goodday to you and your family, i am sorry to disturb you but i just finished reading your profile at the site and i felt deeply in my heart that you are that individual that i have been looking for and so i can contact you for a blessing that you are about to recieve and also share with people that need it ,my name is Mr. Ehab Elbalawi a merchant in Dubai, in the U.A.E.... I will wait to hear from you to know if you are capable of doing this favour for me, ALLAH will bless you as you decide to do this .I will wait for your urgent response"Warmest Regards,Ehab Elbalawi

I'll let you respond to that one, Diver

Comment

Meanwhile, back in the spam folder, somebody who pretends to be from eBay (but isn't) writes...
                    I prepared the car for you to inspect it, i had a mechanic with me and i waited you all day long yesterday. You could of call me but i now i know you are just a monkey.

Just an ape, if you please

Anyway, what did you expect, given the photo

Comment

morning all

And how are we all today?

Comment

Working...
                      X