• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    neighbour had their girl baptized today - well baptized is a strong term! it took 5 minutes! it was really just a naming service!
    when she was born she was baptized, made eligible for holy communion and confirmed!!! usually takes 15 years...

Comment

when she was born she was baptized, made eligible for holy communion and confirmed!!! usually takes 15 years...
      They were positive she would die! she had a drug used 22 times in world before - 50% had died. not nice. alternative was death!!!

Comment

They were positive she would die! she had a drug used 22 times in world before - 50% had died. not nice. alternative was death!!!
        She had high blood pressure - caused by kidney blood clot. took 1 month to find it.

Comment

She had high blood pressure - caused by kidney blood clot. took 1 month to find it.
          Mother offered a c-section - she insisted on natural birth. bad bad move. head came out - shoulders did not. mother had stitches in a bad bad place! midwife needed trauma councelling!

thety needed to give baby drugs to elp her breathe - and quick. decided to go in via umbilical - but it caused blood clot. how unlucky can you get?

Comment

BrilloPad 13,605
            zeitghost 12,569
            Diver 10,050
            DS23 10,000

Comment

Population
              1248 Revenues
              286850 € Unemployment 0 %
              Transport 99 %
              Crime rate 1 %
              Pollution 0 %

rank=231

Comment

Evening denizens

Managed to get some work done on a new design for my website today, and also to rough out the summaries of several technical articles I've been thinking of writing for ages

Google are having an "open mic" slot at their London Developer Day in September, so I'm thinking of trying to wangle a place... I'm just trying to think what they might think their audience would be interested in, so I can pitch it properly.

I'm pretty sure speaking at a Google event for developers would generate a bit of kudos... still, they'll probably have five hundred people vying for four places or something, so I doubt anything will come of it

Comment

Evening all

Sunday evening all ready - where did the weekend go?
                  Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Afternoon denizens

I don't think he can hear us...
                    Hello... are you there?
                    Hello?
                    Hello?

Hello?

yes.

I think you're right...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Evening denizens

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                      Evening all

Sunday evening all ready - where did the weekend go?

It just went...

I just watched the thing about car bombs... apparently invented by an Italian Anarchist in New York in 1920.

Actually, that was a horse & cart bomb, but hey! lets not split hairs...

Comment

Working...
                      X