• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Byeee

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Afternoon denizens
        Afternoon all
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          Just been away playing with my weather fax thingie...

Just discovered a slight problemette...

I can either have it draw in real time and be unable to save the bitmap, or I can have it draw the bitmap once it's complete and save it then.

Why's that then?

My first guess would be that the real-time version isn't setting the AutoRedraw property (or whatever it was called) to True...

You should probably set that in the Properties sheet (or whatever it's called) at design time, rather than having to remember to set it at run time.

Although of course that's just another of MS's leaky abstractions... IIRC, setting a property at design time merely generates a line in the boilerplate initialisation code that sets it at run time before your own code runs

Ho hum

Comment

Why is it that whenever I make a techy post it goes all quiet?

It's eerily like a real-world conversation

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              Bye Bear, have a good time...

Hello Kali

Where are you going?
              We're moving - sold the house (fingers crossed it all goes through) going to rent for a while and bank the all the filthy lucre
              Eeyore was very glad to be able to stop thinking for a little, in order to say "How do you do" in a gloomy manner to Pooh.
              "And how are you?" said Winnie-the-Pooh.
              Eeyore shook his head from side to side. "Not very how," he said. "I don't seem to felt at all how for a long time."

Comment

Originally posted by kali View Post
                We're moving - sold the house (fingers crossed it all goes through) going to rent for a while and bank the all the filthy lucre

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Why is it that whenever I make a techy post it goes all quiet?

It's eerily like a real-world conversation
                  Hey Chimp!

I was just going through some old boxes and found a photocopied data sheet for an 8250 UART

That was from a long time ago!
                  Eeyore was very glad to be able to stop thinking for a little, in order to say "How do you do" in a gloomy manner to Pooh.
                  "And how are you?" said Winnie-the-Pooh.
                  Eeyore shook his head from side to side. "Not very how," he said. "I don't seem to felt at all how for a long time."

Comment

Originally posted by kali View Post
                    Hey Chimp!

I was just going through some old boxes and found a photocopied data sheet for an 8250 UART

That was from a long time ago!
                    Ooh, an 8250 UART!

The original IBM PC had one of those - in 1984, one of my first tasks in my first proper job was to write a dictionary of Forth words to utilise it

Comment

Ah!

The 8250, quickly replaced by the 8250A which had the bugs taken out, then equally quickly replaced by the 8250B with all the bugs put back in since so much software had been written to work around them...

Those were the days.

Comment

Working...
                      X