• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

I'm off to watch a movie online

Comment

Just watched "War Games - The Dead Code" good movie.

Goodnight all

Comment

Ah, there you all are

Now, you're probably wondering why I've called you all here tonight

Oh, you're not here anymore

Comment

The Cretins have returned... as I walked past the corner previously referred to I saw that not only was the Biffa bin in the middle of the road, but domestic wheelie bins had been placed on the centre line of road all the way up as far as I could see - and it looked as if they'd stuck at least one on top of a car as well

I pushed the big bin (just around the corner) back to the kerb - that's the one the taxi would have crashed into as it came around the corner at the speed taxi drivers drive at. They would have been able to stop for the rest, without doing an emergency stop (which is dangerous for them and their fares, given how many drunken taxi passengers don't bother putting on seatbelts in the back, which is the basis of my primary objection to the bin in the road just after the junction as a life-threatening hazard at this time of night).

So then I want to report this to the police, but it's hardly a 999 job, so I want to call the local rate number.

But my phone needs topping up, and O2's website has EPIC FAIL in both Safari and Firefox

It worked a couple of weeks ago, but they've changed some bit of the HTML and CSS and not tested in anything other than IE - these people deserve to lose their jobs, as they're clearly incompetent. Their FAIL prevented me from quickly topping up my phone and calling the police over a safety issue, and believe you me, O2 will be getting a strongly worded email tomorrow, with source code and explication of their FAIL

The phone-based top-up system proved to be as calamitous as one might expect - the slightest miskeying (quite easy with the poxy little buttons on the phones they sell one) requires one to slide all the way down the snake to square one - even Snakes & Ladders isn't that harsh

So finally, after twenty minutes of trying to be a responsible citizen and not tie up the 999 line unnecessarily, I was able to get through to the plod and report the matter. They reckon they'll get somebody down there as a matter of urgency (given the road safety implications), so now the police hate me for sending them to act as pretend binmen

I sometimes wonder why I bother...

Comment

One more post, and I've got all the most-recent slots on the home page

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Morning
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                    Morning
                    Sneeze, cough..

Morning

Still in the scratcher with a box of tissues.

Comment

all dosed up and might grab a few hours WFH between doses.

Comment

Working...
                      X