• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Byeeee

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Byeeee
      Hieeee

Oh, you were leaving

Byeeee

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        They do need someone to start early! The techie test was setup by someone who then left(4pm). Boss said "he had to go as started early - 7:30". I said "I stat 6:30 most days". Boss "crickey".

Not many want to start early...
        That could be a major win - I've never understood you early morning types, but I know you're drawn to each other - or at least you should be, so as to keep yourselves away from normal people

My last permy job at a small design studio/consultancy involved driving forty-odd miles down one of the busiest (and therefore most dangerous) stretches of the M1, followed by a tortuous journey from the motorway junction to the city (town? not sure if it's legally a city) centre offices of my employers. Although the MD was quite understanding of this, he was in this respect under the sway of the SD - his business partner, and one of those people who gets up at five in the morning only because their other half won't let them get up any earlier, and who simply cannot understand the fact that they are a freak of humanity, humanity as a whole much preferring the idea of staying in bed until ten or eleven at the earliest.

I almost lost it the time that I'd been held up because of a crash that blocked all three lanes of the M1 and caused several deaths, and was then told that I should have set out earlier in case of that kind of thing...

I think that was the last time I came close to actually losing my temper sufficiently that I would have struck somebody.

I think the MD realised that too, because he quickly withdrew from the discussion (quite rightly blaming it on the weird early rising guy) and no more was said about the matter for quite a while.

And don't get me wrong... I didn't turn up at lunchtime or something - this was because I hadn't made it in until just after half past nine.

(And the MD used to play rugby for England - lovely yet huge chap, and I was rather disconcerted to see him looking at me nervously, as if uncertain how to cope )

Comment

morning all

Comment

Morning
            "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it" - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Hieeee

Oh, you were leaving

Byeeee
                And there I was, gone

Morning all

I'm back now.

Comment

Miserable old day, dark, grey, dank & unpleasant.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    morning all

Originally posted by ControlG View Post
                    Morning

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                    Morning all

Comment

Morning Zeity, can I have that DVD back, you know the one that features the teabagging scene

Comment

Working...
                      X