• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The telly here defaults to showing one not television, but an enticement to pay for "all services" for a fairly minimal sum (£19.99) - the enticement being that this will apear on one's bill as "Communication Services"

I'm tempted to go down to Reception and ask very loudly if the "Adult" content can be shown on my bill as "Pot Noodle and a wank Services"

FFS... just to go with the swanky room, you understand - let's see if the naughtiness RegExp copes with that
    Last edited by NickFitz; 1 June 2008, 00:48.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      The telly here defaults to showing one not television, but an enticement to pay for "all services" for a fairly minimal sum (£19.99) - the enticement being that this will apear on one's bill as "Communication Services"

I'm tempted to go down to Reception and ask very loudly if the "Adult" content can be shown on my bill as "Pot Noodle and a wink Services"

FFS... just to go with the swinky room, you understand - let's see if the naughtiness RegExp copes with that

swanky room, obviously - as in "s" followed by "wink" followed by "y"

You see what I mean... [looks for :headinhands: smiley]
      Last edited by NickFitz; 1 June 2008, 00:48. Reason: "beign"? That's not a word...

Comment

Sorry, false alarm

My final note of the day: I've been quite surprised by the number of erstwhile (it means "former", to save you the trouble of looking it up) colleagues who've asked "When did you leave Yahoo?" or "How come I haven't seen you in the office this week?"

They then ask where I'm working now

When I explain that, for the past eleven months, I've spent four nights a week in a Premier Inn , they all say "WHAT??!!!?" and look utterly gobsmacked -> like that

When I then add that I shall be staying at home and going absolutely nowhere, they all say "I'm not surprised!"

Clearly not contractor material

Comment

OH NO!

Apparently I have one unread message at the Halifax - and they sent the email twice so it must be important

Oh hang on, I don't have any accounts with them...

Surely it can't be the case that somebody is trying to use the Internet to deceive me

Comment

morning all

busy morning here - baby playing up and off to church in 10 minutes.

Comment

Morning.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I hope CM is having a nice time in Blackpool.
                Haaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

BazzaLaaaaaaaaaad...

Comment

They're knocking the Civic Centre down today.

It won an award in 1966.

Good riddance.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    Haaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

BazzaLaaaaaaaaaad...
                    Pieces of Eight.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I'm wondering whether to wander down to the hotel bar, drunk as I am, just for the sake of freaking out the trendies

Always polite, always gentlemanly, wobbles a lot... that's me

Comment

Working...
                      X