• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    But you are great in the big word stakes...
    Only 4 hits for "autothermoregulation" in google...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      As long as you do the right thing does it matter. I do hope you would have done the right thing?

The bird was 90% dead and certain to die without major surgery. Obviously I wont go into details. Even if I could have saved it - how could I keep cats away from a second go.

I am proud I saved it from being tortured by the cats. And I cant blame them - they are only doing what comes naturally. Nature is a cruel place.
      Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      I know it's the right thing to do but I still would have cried
      The self appointed protectors of the animal kingdom a.k.a. the RSPCA, would no doubt prosecute you for cruelty if they found out...

Comment

It's still cold in here...

Byeeee

Let's hope it's a bit warmer tomorrow.

I'm bringing in a fan heater, so no doubt the heating will be back on again.

Comment

one hour to go!
          B00med!

Comment

Evening denizens

I am speaking to you via my 3 Mobile Broadband dongle

It's taken me an hour to get the damn thing working on my MacBook...

3 claim to support the Mac, and the fact that I am posting this shows that it can, in fact, be made to work. However their website is appallingly poor:
            1. The instructions for installation on a Mac are incomplete, for example not pointing out that you have to restart after installing the driver
            2. Although they provide a link to the installer for the required driver, there is another piece of software required to configure said driver, which they do not have available for download - I eventually found it through a mobile phone forum
            3. The instructions for actually using the thing, once the driver is configured, are not linked to on their website - they are actually there, but only in an unlinked PDF file that showed up as the sixth result of a carefully crafted Google search

Useless tossers, wasting an hour of my life for the want of two links and a 24K file

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              The self appointed protectors of the animal kingdom a.k.a. the RSPCA, would no doubt prosecute you for cruelty if they found out...
              I can believe that.....

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Had to have a look since I've got them turned off...
                I expected a comment like - no semi cos its an ugly one!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Evening denizens

I am speaking to you via my 3 Mobile Broadband dongle

It's taken me an hour to get the damn thing working on my MacBook...

3 claim to support the Mac, and the fact that I am posting this shows that it can, in fact, be made to work. However their website is appallingly poor:
                  1. The instructions for installation on a Mac are incomplete, for example not pointing out that you have to restart after installing the driver
                  2. Although they provide a link to the installer for the required driver, there is another piece of software required to configure said driver, which they do not have available for download - I eventually found it through a mobile phone forum
                  3. The instructions for actually using the thing, once the driver is configured, are not linked to on their website - they are actually there, but only in an unlinked PDF file that showed up as the sixth result of a carefully crafted Google search

Useless tossers, wasting an hour of my life for the want of two links and a 24K file
                  oh dear - I have a three mobile and I hate hate hate them. reception is dreadful - better here they have no masks and they use t-mobile!

I hope things get better for you - but I am not hopeful.

Comment

I do hope that 5* is having a nice time?

Comment

More silliness...

I went to register on three's web site so I could top up the PAYG modem online, rather than having to buy a voucher in a newsagent's like a twelve-year-old.

Upon successfully completing registration it cheerfully announces that they've sent a text message to my mobile (i.e. the modem) containing my password.

Except they don't yet support retrieving text messages from the modem on a Mac

So I had to fire up my old Windows laptop, plug the modem in there, wait while it installed itself (which was a reasonably seamless operation, I have to admit), fire up the software, retrieve the text message, then switch back to the Mac so I could actually log in to the web site to set up my card details.

Comment

Working...
                      X