• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bedsits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
    He can stay in my shed. I think there's an old mattress in there, and I trapped all the mice, I think. kesm: Yours for £100 per week. Lights out by 11pm, thanks.

Isn't that where you've got all those Polish gardeners living?
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      Isn't that where you've got all those Polish gardeners living?
      Shhhh! I'm making a fortune!

Comment

I lived in a bedsit during student days... <shudder> not sure I would want to go back to that kind of life style

FFS we are affluent people!!!
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Horrible, dank, dark, smelly, cold flea pits... perfect BTLs, but not suitable abodes for contractors.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
            I lived in a bedsit during student days... <shudder> not sure I would want to go back to that kind of life style

FFS we are affluent people!!!
            Affluent yes, but tight as a ducks ar*e when it comes to our own money! Think it comes from when we didn’t have bucket loads.
            "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss Tony View Post
              Affluent yes, but tight as a ducks ar*e when it comes to our own money! Think it comes from when we didn’t have bucket loads.
              No point in dying rich... and always at the back of my mind is how it was before... but you do have a right to enjoy the fruits of your labour...

IMHO when working away, a Travelodge is preferable to a 5 star hotel in terms of saving dosh... but I could not extend that rational to staying in a bedsit... I do need a certain level of comfort and privacy.

All a question of balance

More Moody Blues later
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
              X