• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sky TV

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sky TV

I've got a 5 month old baby daughter so as nights out are no more I decided to upgrade my sky package (basic + sports) to include all the movie channels. What a pile of you know what. I have now found out that the best way to get movies on sky is to pay extra through sky box office.
    Seems like the only programmes I watch now are re runs of only fools and horses, top gear and frasier.

Seems to me that Sky is rubbish unless you have sky +. I'm in 2 minds now. Should I get Sky + or just cancel everything.

Originally posted by TheRightStuff
    I've got a 5 month old baby daughter so as nights out are no more I decided to upgrade my sky package (basic + sports) to include all the movie channels. What a pile of you know what. I have now found out that the best way to get movies on sky is to pay extra through sky box office.
    Seems like the only programmes I watch now are re runs of only fools and horses, top gear and frasier.

Seems to me that Sky is rubbish unless you have sky +. I'm in 2 minds now. Should I get Sky + or just cancel everything.

must admit I have had Sky+ for about 4 years and could not live without it even if the content is pants!

Comment

Originally posted by TheRightStuff

It sounds to me like you should cancel sky and buy yourself a load of cheap box sets off ebay!

Sky+ ROCKS, but only if you actually like watching stuff on sky.

I dont know what it is you dont like though: -

battlestar gallactica
      heroes
      lost
      desperate housewives
      top gear
      soccer am
      medium
      friends/frasier pretty much any time you want!

whats not to like?!!!!!
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Sky+ is definitely worth doing. I've had it for just over a year and I probably watch more stuff after the fact than I do "live". I tend to series link the things I like and can then watch them when I get the telly to myself (very rarely).

Comment

I was actually thinking of box sets but I know I wouldn't watch them.
          Some how I will stay up late to see a film on TV even if I did have it in my DVD collection. WEIRD.

I'm going to get sky+ and try that out. Series link and now internet programming should make it better. Might as well throw all my money at it and see what happens.

Comment

for a cheapish solution I would buy a technomate 1500 and a motorised dish. Patch the technomate and get access to lots of films.

I see ppv and movie channels from Premier, TPS and Digital+ . OK you might loose one of the packages when the encryption changes. Most of the films they show are broadcast with several audio streams, generally including English.

dunno what counts as good films/up to date because Im not much of a tv watcher
            but last week I watched Pirates of the Caribbean 2, Aeon Flux and HHGTG.

Comment

They've got me on Sky+. I really couldn't cope without it. I think I actually watch less TV, but get much more value from what I do watch, if that makes sense.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Too true, my mate was going on about sky+ for years and I just couldn't see the point, I read somewhere that you could get it cheap by threatening to cancel so I thought what the hell and rang them and made a story up about how I work nights and I don’t get to see the programs I want so they suggested sky+, I said I didn't want to pay anymore so they said they could do a special deal of £100 installed, I said that I thought it was too much and they agreed to £60!

Never looked back, It has changed my TV life! ...Most the films/programs are tulip but just spend a little time each week sifting out the good stuff and you will find that you hardly ever watch live TV.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Mmmmmmmmmmm...

Looks interesting that... do the films have lots & lots of pink in them?
                  . . . er, from a carnal or a culinary standpoint?

The vegetarian option.

Comment

I have the full set of channels from Sky, with multi-room in 2 reception rooms and Sky+ in both rooms. Hence we can use the 2 Sky+ boxes independently of each other. I also have a TV link from one of the Sky+ boxes up to my bedroom, so that I can watch Sky and use Sky+ in the bedroom. This Sky+ box I have uprated to a 160Gb hard drive.

Currently paying about £55 a month.

I barely watch the damn thing.

Comment

Working...
                    X