• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sky TV

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by where did my id go?
    for a cheapish solution I would buy a technomate 1500 and a motorised dish. Patch the technomate and get access to lots of films.

I see ppv and movie channels from Premier, TPS and Digital+ . OK you might loose one of the packages when the encryption changes. Most of the films they show are broadcast with several audio streams, generally including English.

dunno what counts as good films/up to date because Im not much of a tv watcher
    but last week I watched Pirates of the Caribbean 2, Aeon Flux and HHGTG.
    If you are going to consider that then why not just use BitTorrent? I download all the US TV shows the morning after they are broadcast.

The films can be good too. Many are crap, but now and again someone uploads what is called a 'screaner' which is supposed not to get out. I've seen the Illusionist, Notes on a scandle and Hannibal Rising that way in the last couple of months.
    Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Originally posted by Buffoon
      If you are going to consider that then why not just use BitTorrent? I download all the US TV shows the morning after they are broadcast.

The films can be good too. Many are crap, but now and again someone uploads what is called a 'screaner' which is supposed not to get out. I've seen the Illusionist, Notes on a scandle and Hannibal Rising that way in the last couple of months.

Do you have superfast broadband? You would need to download good quality movies to be able to view them on your TV.

What do you use to watch a downloaded movie on your TV?

Comment

Pick up a DVD player that can play DivX. It's pretty quick to burn downloaded content and then pop the disc into the DVD player.

I think I saw one on eBuyer the other day for <£30.

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN
          Do you have superfast broadband? You would need to download good quality movies to be able to view them on your TV.

What do you use to watch a downloaded movie on your TV?
          ADSL2+ from Be I get something like 16M. TV shows like CSI, Heroes, Rome, etc come in avi format normaly. Films, I download the DVDR format which I burn onto DVD. Normally need a TV/DVD player that can handle NTSC though. I also use winDVD.
          Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            Carnal, old chap, carnal...
            could try taquilla x, xx, xxx
            premier erotic 1&2
            hustler
            xdream
            etc
            etc

thats from a quick look at a thread on another bb - Oh and lots of the french channels go x rated overnight.

TV Gusto among others for pinkness of a culinary nature.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffoon
              ADSL2+ from Be I get something like 16M. TV shows like CSI, Heroes, Rome, etc come in avi format normaly. Films, I download the DVDR format which I burn onto DVD. Normally need a TV/DVD player that can handle NTSC though. I also use winDVD.
              But bittorrent is slow isn't it? From my experience it doesn’t mater how fast your connection is I still only get 100kbps max via P2P and often as low as 6kbps.

I downloaded 24 series one the other week and it took me 5 days! but to be fair it is 24 hours long.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
                But bittorrent is slow isn't it? From my experience it doesn’t mater how fast your connection is I still only get 100kbps max via P2P and often as low as 6kbps.

I downloaded 24 series one the other week and it took me 5 days! but to be fair it is 24 hours long.
                Speed varies enormously. It depends on the number and connection speed of the seeders. I’ve seen speeds up in the high hundreds. For example an episode of CSI is about 360M it will take anything between 30 and 60 mins on the day after broadcast, but older stuff will take many hours.
                Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
                  I dont know what it is you dont like though: -

battlestar gallactica
                  heroes
                  lost
                  desperate housewives
                  top gear
                  soccer am
                  medium
                  friends/frasier pretty much any time you want!

whats not to like?!!!!!
                  looks like i'm not missing much then. except - what is medium?

Comment

Originally posted by DS23
                    looks like i'm not missing much then. except - what is medium?
                    Medium...An american TV series with Patricia Arquette as some sort of Psychic go between for the cops...

As for Sky+...got this in 4 rooms in the house.

The Living room, plus all 3 kids have it in their bedrooms...2 dishes, 2 sky+ Multi-room subs...

Comment

I wouldn't be without it now thats for sure. Have it downstairs and also upstairs in our bedroom. Sky+ with Multiroom, can't beat it.

Comment

Working...
                      X