• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Neatly trimmed bush?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neatly trimmed bush?

Regular readers will be familiar with my admiration for a well maintained bush.

Sadly, this does not extend to getting the trimmers out for my own unruly specimen.

However, as I sit here in the office looking out across the locality, I can't help but be awestruck by one chap's valiant attempt to wrangle his own untamed wilderness. It's quite something to behold... seriously, it's over 100 feet long and over 7 feet high. Quite spectacular in its verdant barbarity in any other setting.

It took him and his eldest three full days to contain it last year.

Good luck to him I say... I'd have burnt it to the ground before now, but I'm not known for my patience with such things.

Last edited by wattaj; 18 July 2023, 15:56. Reason: Poor speillng.
    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Take care if using power tools. You wouldn't want to cut off more than you intended. My own 'back garden' bush has gone a bit wild, but is a haven for all sorts of interesting wildlife.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Take care if using power tools. You wouldn't want to cut off more than you intended. My own 'back garden' bush has gone a bit wild, but is a haven for all sorts of interesting wildlife.
      Thank God that you're still here. The tone seems to have changed significantly since my last stint.
      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

Ooh! Matron!

Comment

Fnar, fnar.

Only me and other Viz readers like NF will understand that.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
            It took him and his eldest three full days to contain it last year.

Good luck to him I say... I'd have burnt it to the ground before now, but I'm not known for my patience with such things.

I should really give an update on this searing topic: it took this chap 4 days of hard graft to complete the necessary trimmage. Now neighbour opposite has had his own, similarly sized, bushy display groomed in under 2 hours.

Always hire a professional folks.

---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

Working...
            X