• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Neatly trimmed bush?"

Collapse

• wattaj
    replied
    Originally posted by wattaj View Post
    It took him and his eldest three full days to contain it last year.

Good luck to him I say... I'd have burnt it to the ground before now, but I'm not known for my patience with such things.

I should really give an update on this searing topic: it took this chap 4 days of hard graft to complete the necessary trimmage. Now neighbour opposite has had his own, similarly sized, bushy display groomed in under 2 hours.

Always hire a professional folks.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Fnar, fnar.

Only me and other Viz readers like NF will understand that.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Ooh! Matron!

Leave a comment:

• wattaj
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Take care if using power tools. You wouldn't want to cut off more than you intended. My own 'back garden' bush has gone a bit wild, but is a haven for all sorts of interesting wildlife.
    Thank God that you're still here. The tone seems to have changed significantly since my last stint.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Take care if using power tools. You wouldn't want to cut off more than you intended. My own 'back garden' bush has gone a bit wild, but is a haven for all sorts of interesting wildlife.

Leave a comment:

• wattaj
    started a topic Neatly trimmed bush?

Neatly trimmed bush?

Regular readers will be familiar with my admiration for a well maintained bush.

Sadly, this does not extend to getting the trimmers out for my own unruly specimen.

However, as I sit here in the office looking out across the locality, I can't help but be awestruck by one chap's valiant attempt to wrangle his own untamed wilderness. It's quite something to behold... seriously, it's over 100 feet long and over 7 feet high. Quite spectacular in its verdant barbarity in any other setting.

It took him and his eldest three full days to contain it last year.

Good luck to him I say... I'd have burnt it to the ground before now, but I'm not known for my patience with such things.

Last edited by wattaj; 18 July 2023, 15:56. Reason: Poor speillng.

Working...
X