• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Schema therapy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schema therapy

For anyone with trauma in their life, firstly try getting away from CUK. Its a useful place to collect people together for a cause(like NTRT). But apart from that it is a poorly moderated cesspit. I have now been away for 2.5 years - just before my hip replacement.

After a particularly traumatic psychiatrist session on the day of QE2 funeral, which I only went to to stop me hijacking a petrol tanker from Canvey island and driving it into central London to explode, I was sent for Schema Therapy.

I went privately so a few bits of CBT, DBT and other therapies were thrown in too.

Basically one has traits which can't be changed. You have schemas(core beliefs). Schemas trigger modes. Ideally one would be in healthy adult mode most of the time. But if your schemas are messed up, your modes get messed up. Its also scary how sometimes one can firmly believe something that you later know is nonsense. Sometimes that is modes, sometimes chemical.

Typically one goes back to childhood and rebuilds from there. Its usually long, expensive and VERY painful. I got through this quite quickly by working VERY hard at this. It was tough. Really tough.

For those who have seen the netflix show "the subtle art of not giving a f&*k", may have seen holocaust survivors were pleased they went through it. It makes them better people. I relate to that.

I now have found a way of closing off HMRC from upsetting me(I can't say anything else for obvious reasons).

Perhaps the only downside is that life is boring. In healthy adult mode you say what you want. No aggression. No passive-aggression. No sarcasm. You have to accept that you cannot force anyone to do anything.

In short, I highly recommend schema therapy. A big shout out to my psychotherapist. There is hope for all of you. Apart from mods & admin obviously.

Please post below if it makes you feel better. Its been 2.5 years since my last visit and will be at least 2.5 years until my next visit. By which time none of this will matter. Do what you got to do for yourself.

Also in "the subtle art of not giving a f&*k" - you will always have problems. you can only pick and choose which ones. Whenever you feel happiness then disappointment panda will turn up. But happiness/sadness are like left/right. You want contentment. Wanting what you have got, not getting what you want.

BP
    PS no coincidence that new CUK interface came out 2.5 years ago. It still sucks. Really sucks. Admin - sort it out!

Glad you are feeling better Brillo!

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      For anyone with trauma in their life, firstly try getting away from CUK
      Sorry, I wasn't able to read your post because I'm avoiding CUK

Comment

Hello lovely! Glad to hear you're doing ok (or better, at the very least)

Only certain parts of CUK are a cesspit, the software being the main issue

See you in another 2.5 years if we can't convince you to come to the next Christmas do that NLUK promised to organise (oh look, a flying pig followed by Satan ice skating to work)

Comment

https://www.schemainstitute.co.uk/un...chema-therapy/

"Schemas or ‘negative life beliefs’ can lead to low self-esteem, lack of connection to others, problems expressing feelings and emotions and excessive worrying about basic safety issues. The beliefs can also create strong attraction to inappropriate partners and lead to dissatisfying careers."

Ooft... perfect for a career in IT.

Glad that you've found it useful though.
          ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
          Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Working...
          X