• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How many miles should I run today?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lucy
    (ie. No.)
    I can neither deny nor confirm - the world is not black and wide and sometimes absense of a value is a value in itself.

Comment

I run 3.65miles 3 or 4 times a week, at around 13.5kph, comes in around 24mins - 25mins

Comment

I pay good looking women to carry me very briskly instead.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
          Isn't average running speed something like 10-12 MPH. That means you are running at approx half of the average running speed AtW, i.e. you aren't going for a run, just a brisk walk.

Go and do some proper running FFS!!!
          10 mph is very respectable.

That's two miles in 12 minutes, which is faster than average, though a club athlete would be looking to do it in about 10 minutes (12 mph), and the world record is about 8 (15 mph).

You are right though, AtW's 2 miles in 20 minutes is indeed slow, and hardly worth the effort assuming he is under 40 and an averagely fit human being. He needs to run faster and further to get much fitness benefit.

Then again, he might simply enjoy jogging around at that pace, chatting up women on the way.

Comment

Working...
          X