• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lucifer's Shopping Trip

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucifer's Shopping Trip

Lucifer has just returned from a shopping trip.

What I want to know, and what must be a burning question for the whole membership is "What does the devil buy his family, or anyone for that matter, for Christmas ?"

A set of novelty toasting forks. Should come in handy in Tartarus.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy

What I want to know, and what must be a burning question for the whole membership is "What does the devil buy his family, or anyone for that matter, for Christmas ?"

I'd like to know what he intends to cook for Xmas dinner!

I'm cooking for us this year (we've told both sets of parent to naff off ths year, and are gong it alone!)...and although I'm tempted to serve a giant tub of Maltesers and possibly a Turkey Pizza, I may try something adventurous!
      So I might be picking your brains nearer the time Lucifer!
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy

The Hellfire and Brimstone deluxe gift set?
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne

I'm cooking for us this year (we've told both sets of parent to naff off ths year, and are gong it alone!)...and although I'm tempted to serve a giant tub of Maltesers and possibly a Turkey Pizza, I may try something adventurous!
          Maltesers, Turkey Pizza and Lucifers Brains

I'm suddenly not hungry.

Comment

What does Jemima get when she goes shopping? Does she get something for Humpty and Hamble? We must be told!
            I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

Originally posted by Numptycorner
              What does Jemima get when she goes shopping? Does she get something for Humpty and Hamble? We must be told!

Hamble? Who hell he?
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

The 2 best Christmases I've has are:
                1) Cleared off to Australia for 5 weeks
                2) The anti-christmas Christmas. Had loads of friends over (of a similar mindset) and had pizza and a BBQ
                Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Hamble? Who hell he?
                  From the same place as numpty.

Comment

She Sally, She. Obviously before your time

The Toys. Play School presenters may have come and gone, but the toys were always there. They can still be viewed today at the National Museum of Photography, Film and Television at Bradford.
                    There were five toys in total.

Jemima the rag doll - "An empty headed bimbette" according to Fred Harris
                    Humpty, a home-made-looking green egg thing - Harris thought he was "a bit rumbustious", and rather prone to falling over.

Big Ted - rather "stodgy", but a great favourite with Eric Morecambe, who used to visit the toys when working in a nearby studio. Big Ted was a victim of crime, with the Play School team returning after lunch one day to find he had been stolen. A replacement was found, but the original Ted was never seen again.

Little Ted - often overshadowed, but a good sort.

Hamble the doll - the hate figure of the under-fives for the entire run of the programme.

Although it was originally a very common type of doll, sold in Woolworths, by the time Play School was in full flow there were only two Hambles in Britain. The other was owned by a woman in Chester, who would hire it to the BBC for £40 a week whenever the Play School regular was injured.
                    That happened quite often, as it wasn't just the audience who detested Hamble. None of the presenters could stand her either, so she'd get drop kicked across the studio, and once, when she wouldn't behave, Chloe Ashcroft took a dreadful liberty.

"I did a terrible thing to Hamble. She just would not sit up...so one day I got a very big knitting needle, a bit wooden one, and I stuck it right up her bum, as far as her head. So she was completely rigid, and she was much much better after that."
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X