• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A strange or creepy experiences thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A strange or creepy experiences thread

Definitely NOT just for me this one for obvious reasons. One does not have strange or creepy experiences every week.

Interested to hear of any weird, odd or inexplicable things CUKers have experienced in their lives.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
    Posting here give permission for xoggoth to nick ideas for his stories.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

I once had a dream when I was 17. I was in a car with 3 friends. A yellow Porsche went the other way through contraflow. LOng pause then someone said "You don't see many yellow Porsches".

A couple of days later it actually happened. While driving to 2nd monsters of rock at Donnington. It was so specific.

Why couldn't I have dreamt about the winning pools numbers?

Comment

Wahee! Brill, Brillo. Nice to have at least one CUKer who is not just obsessed with BR....
      bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Ok, here's one of a small number.

In my second year at university I hitch hiked with a girlfriend to a party near the North Wales border. Sleeping on the front room floor was uncomfortable so we decided to set off in the early hours and hitch a ride home. Big mistake, there is not much traffic in those parts at 5AM and it was freezing. We were so cold that when we came to an old boarded up inn we went round the back. It wasn't locked. The place was derelict and unpleasant and only a trifle warmer than outside. Worst of all it was creepy. It sounded like somebody was constantly coming down the stairs towards us although they never got to the bottom. We decided to move on and surprisingly got lucky with a lift in a short time.

Ok, probably just the wind. The spooky part came thirty years later. I had been to a meeting with a client's client at Connor's Quay, near the North end of the Welsh border. Coming through a small town nearby I took a wrong turning and passed the same derelict inn. I am certain it was the same inn. That estate road leading to a larger road at the same angle. The trees and parking space further on. And the pub was the same. There was a small car park to the left and behind the pub itself was a small triangular brick courtyard. The condition was exactly the same, no worse, no better than it had been 30 years before. Nothing had changed!

Was that possible? I did not go in, it gave me the creeps.

PS Pity I can't remember the exact location. If I checked on Google Earth, and it was still exactly the same, that would be spooky.
        Last edited by xoggoth; 17 May 2017, 21:01.
        bloggoth

Comment

Driving along the road just south of the River Irthing (near Hadrian's wall) back in the early 90s, we overtook the same Robin Reliant, three times. We never saw them pass us, however, and didn't stop for a break at any time.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Bloke sat next to me at work says "Sounds like the wheel bearing is going on the wife's car, what happens if it fails before being replaced?".

"The wheel falls off" says I.

10 minutes later, his wife phone's and says "the wheel's just come off my car".

She'd been into the garage and they'd had a look, but didn't tighten the nuts back up.

Comment

I was raised as a Catholic and, when I was a kid, I was sitting in church, bored stiff as usual. There was hymn book on the seat about a few feet away and I decided to see if I could push it off by the power of the mind. Concentrated hard and nothing happened for a couple of minutes, then suddenly it slid off even though it hadn't been on the edge and there were no drafts.

Never been able to do anything similar since unfortunately.
              bloggoth

Comment

What? Nobody else had any?

It is clear I will have to invent a stream of sockies and invent stuff.

Only got two more, which can't be explained as imagination or dreams that is:

Our current house, when we first brought it, often heard funny little noises like small cries though nothing that probably could not be explained. Then one evening I was sitting at the bottom of the stairs with my young kid looking at the fish tank when an infant's voice started babbling right in front of us, went on for about half a minute. We both heard it, my son said "who's that?" All the noises stopped when we had some major building work done.

In one of my last contracting jobs I rented a flat and whenever I turned off the light in the bedroom there were lots of tiny green lights on one wall near the ceiling. Couldn't see any explanation when I turned the light on and checked the wall. Some joker put some fluorescent stuff in the paint maybe?
                bloggoth

Comment

Did a Ouija board a couple of times as a teenager.

Scary stuff, even 35 years later.

Comment

But are you still haunted??
                    bloggoth

Comment

Working...
                    X