• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Previously outside, now inside

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Previously outside, now inside

Evening,

I hope someone can give some guidance on the following scenario...

Previously worked with a client multiple times over the past 15 years. Last time was for 6 months approx. 3 years ago.

All previous assignments were through the same agency and were outside IR35.

I have been asked if I'd like to join a new project with the same client, through the same agency. This time the client has deemed the project as inside IR35 and I'd be going through the agency's umbrella.

If I accepted the role, would there be any issues with the new project being inside and previous assignments being outside? Any likelihood of retrospective action?

Thanks.

For a contract 3 years ago - I don't think you have anything to worry about there.

The agency's umbrella however is possibly a far bigger risk
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by lambretta008 View Post
      Evening,

I hope someone can give some guidance on the following scenario...

Previously worked with a client multiple times over the past 15 years. Last time was for 6 months approx. 3 years ago.

All previous assignments were through the same agency and were outside IR35.

I have been asked if I'd like to join a new project with the same client, through the same agency. This time the client has deemed the project as inside IR35 and I'd be going through the agency's umbrella.

If I accepted the role, would there be any issues with the new project being inside and previous assignments being outside? Any likelihood of retrospective action?

Thanks.
      Three years? I would imagine half the people you worked with won't even be there now so absolutely no way HMRC could join the dots even if they wanted to. Not a chance something that happened that long ago can be linked with the work you are doing now. You'll be fine.

What do you mean agencies umbrella? They've got their own or is it one of a list they'll work with?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Three years? I would imagine half the people you worked with won't even be there now so absolutely no way HMRC could join the dots even if they wanted to. Not a chance something that happened that long ago can be linked with the work you are doing now. You'll be fine.

What do you mean agencies umbrella? They've got their own or is it one of a list they'll work with?
        It's an umbrella on their preferred list.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X