• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"We DO NOT work with Umbrella companies"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We DO NOT work with Umbrella companies"

Just had an email about an inside role with...

All our roles fall INSIDE IR35 and we offer a FREE payroll service on a PAYE basis.

We DO NOT work with Umbrella companies.
    Wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't become the norm

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Just had an email about an inside role with...

Wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't become the norm

Does it tell you how many weeks holiday they are working on.

As I suspect you would take most of the agency's margin by the time you point out they've budgeted for 28 days but the pay parity means you qualify for 33 days (even more if its civil service).
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

What's the rate like for an inside role?
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        What's the rate like for an inside role?
        Didn't see, but for my roles its usually £500 a day outside / £650 a day inside

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Inside IR35 (ie working practices are of employer/employee), and the employer runs it via their own payroll...isn't this just what we used to call "being employed"?! Perhaps this is the way to spin it to people who think contracting is cool and being employed is for losers?!

Comment

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
            Inside IR35 (ie working practices are of employer/employee), and the employer runs it via their own payroll...isn't this just what we used to call "being employed"?! Perhaps this is the way to spin it to people who think contracting is cool and being employed is for losers?!
            Nope - this is agency payroll by the looks of it.

I.e. probably the worst of all possible options were it not most umbrella firms are as dodgy as f***

Upside will be holiday pay (should be) on top.
            Downside is they won't be throwing their employer NI savings into your salary sacrifice pension (and probably won't offer you that option in the first place)

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Nope - this is agency payroll by the looks of it.

I.e. probably the worst of all possible options were it not most umbrella firms are as dodgy as f***

Upside will be holiday pay (should be) on top.
              Downside is they won't be throwing their employer NI savings into your salary sacrifice pension (and probably won't offer you that option in the first place)
              The holiday will still come out of the "rate" it will just be carved up in a different way.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

The holiday will still come out of the "rate" it will just be carved up in a different way.
                Given the stupidity of most agencies it's very likely they haven't thought that bit through completely - and it may just allow you to grab all their "margin" after the project has finished.

Remember that Hays now used an "enhanced PAYE rate" that explicitly includes holiday pay because their staff were making exactly that type of mistake...

Comment

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
                  Nope.

It is called "Treated as an employee for tax purposes only"

Comment

I've had something similar

"We DO NOT work with Umbrella companies.

We have been contacted on numerous occasions by interims complaining about their Umbrella companies having left them with unexpected tax liabilities.

As a business we simply don’t believe in the probity of the Umbrella methodology. PAYE is more transparent and will demonstrably yield higher overall pay."

Comment

Working...
                    X