• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 and remote working

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

It depends what the professional review of your contract and working practices says. If it says that your contract is inside, then you'll need to operate a deemed payment. If it doesn't, then it's business as usual.
    If it the contract is inside use an Umbrella - deemed payments don't mention pensions at all
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

If it the contract is inside use an Umbrella - deemed payments don't mention pensions at all
      https://www.gov.uk/guidance/how-to-c...oyment-payment

Yes, OP could use an umbrella - would certainly cut a lot of the hassle. They won't get the 5% expenses allowance, though.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/how-to-c...oyment-payment

Yes, OP could use an umbrella - would certainly cut a lot of the hassle. They won't get the 5% expenses allowance, though.
        Where has that document appeared from it’s dated 2017 and seems awfully out of date
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Where has that document appeared from it’s dated 2017 and seems awfully out of date
          What has changed about deemed employment payments when operated by the worker's intermediary (this is not a rhetorical question)? Nothing that I recall. It's all in section 54 of Chapter 8 of Part 2 of the ITEPA.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga...rt/2/chapter/8

Comment

Thanks for the help and advice everyone.

The next steps are very clear (and in a matter of a few hours you've probably saved me a month of back-and-forth with my accountant!)

Much appreciated, Whitelime.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              If the contract is one of employment, then my understanding is that you have to treat it as an IR35 contract and account for ernic, if the contract is with a non-UK based company with no presence in the UK.
              Nope it will depend on the size of the UK branch and whether the branch is very small or meets the large/ medium company criteria
              There you go. I've edited the post to make the point clearer.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
              X