• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Consultancy responsibility for determination

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SteelyDan View Post

I've just had direct experience of this through working for a consultancy, and, yes, their (the consultancy) end client was the 'decider', so the role which was Outside before the changes came in, then went Inside, as determined by the end client, based on the new 'off-payroll' rules.
    Finally! Thank you for stepping into what otherwise might have looked like an utter freakshow. No offence to the OP's handle.

God, it only took 10 posts but, we got there. And so IF, repeating IF, the end client was a Small Company, then, as far as the contractor is concerned it is Outside, unless s/he determines otherwise.

What will the 'omnipresent and ever-confused' have to say next I wonder?

Comment

Originally posted by simes View Post

Finally! Thank you for stepping into what otherwise might have looked like an utter freakshow. No offence to the OP's handle.

God, it only took 10 posts but, we got there. And so IF, repeating IF, the end client was a Small Company, then, as far as the contractor is concerned it is Outside, unless s/he determines otherwise.

What will the 'omnipresent and ever-confused' have to say next I wonder?
      It's just your wording. If the end client is a small company then the contractor makes the determination. There is no 'as far as concerned'. It's black and white. The contractor makes the determination.. I made this point to you before and using the right terminology makes all this much clearer.

And again... it's you that is confusing the issue. Stick to the facts rather than throwing in extra words. It's been the root of our arguing. 'as far as the contractor is concerned it is Outside,' is incorrect and not required. It's not true because it could also be self determined inside. If you'd left that out it would make complete sense and you'd be correct.

I've pointed it out throughout this, the extra wording, assumptions, whatever you want to call them have ruined what could be a good argument. If you stick to the facts and not comments like the one above you'd be on the mark.
      Last edited by northernladuk; 21 April 2021, 12:31.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X