• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inside IR35 contractors stung by unlawful employers' NI deductions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inside IR35 contractors stung by unlawful employers' NI deductions

Apart from mutterings on twitter and linkedin from grumpy contractors , I've not seen a lot of attention paid to how liability for employers' NI will shift post-6 April on inside IR35 contracts in the press. Long overdue, I think...

https://www.computerweekly.com/news/...-out-of-pocket

The rats at HMRC must be laughing it up on this one. These contractors that have been paying ZERO in to their national insurance are now having to pay national insurance and 13% employer national insurance haha what a big joke.

I might as well just take that money and burn it. We all know that national insurance is a ponzi scheme and the state pension is basically a bankrupt scheme designed to help the boomers. I loved avoiding national insurance.

All this evil IR35 legislation is going to do is force people to stop contracting. Why does it make sense to contract through an umbrella company where you get no benefits and you have to pay employer national insurance. When I could just go work for a large MSP and get a salary and benefits and holiday and not have to pay employer national insurance.

The message from HMRC is clear, if you want to be an entrepreneur in the IT consultancy industry you need to emigrate because the UK wants large corporations in that industry only.

Comment

Originally posted by IR35equalshateoflittleguy View Post
      We all know that national insurance is a ponzi scheme and the state pension is basically a bankrupt scheme designed to help the boomers. I loved avoiding national insurance.
      I didn't, but thanks for the enlightenment.

Comment

if you want to be an entrepreneur in the IT consultancy industry you need to emigrate

DLTDSYAOTWO

Comment

The rats at HMRC must be laughing it up on this one. These contractors that have been paying ZERO in to their national insurance are now having to pay national insurance and 13% employer national insurance haha what a big joke.

I might as well just take that money and burn it. We all know that national insurance is a ponzi scheme and the state pension is basically a bankrupt scheme designed to help the boomers. I loved avoiding national insurance.

All this evil IR35 legislation is going to do is force people to stop contracting. Why does it make sense to contract through an umbrella company where you get no benefits and you have to pay employer national insurance. When I could just go work for a large MSP and get a salary and benefits and holiday and not have to pay employer national insurance.

The message from HMRC is clear, if you want to be an entrepreneur in the IT consultancy industry you need to emigrate because the UK wants large corporations in that industry only.
          Where were you in 1999 when the legislation was going through parliament? Nice of you to join the party.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Where were you in 1999 when the legislation was going through parliament? Nice of you to join the party.
            They had just begun their 22-year odyssey to devise the best ever username for CUK.

Oh well.

Comment

I don’t know why you’re complaining, you’re not in the UK.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
              X