• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Potential client seems to know very little about IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    Ah yes, you mean
    They are going to phone me next week to talk about it but I am not really that clued up on what clients need to do from April either.

So then it's easy: he might as well just go through a brolly and continue not learning about his business.

But it is rubbish to see how the government are putting so many hurdles in the way just for a guy to get some work. Especially as OP seems to be direct to the client.
    They haven't really. They've put hurdles in the way to try and sort out those that are genuine contractors running a business and those that clearly aren't.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

But it is rubbish to see how the government are putting so many hurdles in the way just for a guy to get some work. Especially as OP seems to be direct to the client.
      ^ This.

The arrangement the OP is describing really should be straightforward to achieve but sadly it no longer is.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        They haven't really. They've put hurdles in the way to try and sort out those that are genuine contractors running a business and those that clearly aren't.
        I disagree. The hurdles affect genuine contractors and fakers, and actually affect the genuine more becuase the fakers will make a fuss and then roll over but the genuine really only have a hobson's choice.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          I disagree. The hurdles affect genuine contractors and fakers, and actually affect the genuine more becuase the fakers will make a fuss and then roll over but the genuine really only have a hobson's choice.
          OK I'll take that. I was thinking more along the lines that the OPs situation is perfect for a bit of client education and slam dunk outside but good point well made.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

So then it's easy: he might as well just go through a brolly and continue not learning about his business.
            Hmm, I know plenty about about my business and IR35 but I don't know the details about what the client has to do and I haven't seen an SDS yet because my current contract ends this month.

I definitely agree with that!

Comment

Working...
            X