• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

URGENT:Contractor Calculator, Help fight IR35 roll out - please take this survey NOW

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

URGENT:Contractor Calculator, Help fight IR35 roll out - please take this survey NOW

Help fight IR35 roll out - please take this survey NOW!

Dave Chaplin says he's meeting Treasury Ministers this week, and needs data ASAP.

Some of the things this one asks
    *What is your typical day rate and what's the market rate for the same job in the permanent market?
    *Have you seen contractors leaving as a result of this or work switching offshore?
    *Would you be happy with a new "Off Payroll Tax" payable by clients instead and at what level should it be?

Regarding the last point, I think there's only any benefit to us in this if expenses stay tax deductible. Otherwise we're in pretty much the same position with clients initially reducing day rate to fund their new tax......unless the new tax is miles less than 13.8%
    Last edited by PTP; 1 March 2020, 13:10.

Completed.

Comment

Won't change anything but I've done it so that I could have a rant.

Comment

And does not capture people who have move to perm in the last few months

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
          Won't change anything but I've done it so that I could have a rant.
          Likewise.

Comment

Dave might sell some more stuff

Comment

Done

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                Dave might sell some more stuff

The self proclaimed king of the contractors will certainly be trying.

Comment

done. I am sure people will complain about how they could have done it better (but didn't... seems to be the norm here), but that is a fairly comprehensive questionnaire.

On probability, it probably won't make a difference.

But if you don't try, it definitely won't make a difference.

Comment

Done.

Comment

Working...
                    X