• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 blanket bans - Ruth Cadbury MP in the House of Commons

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This will impact the economy and its all self inflicted. They will end up blaming brexit and this will be go under the radar. Work is being sent over to India and other parts of the world and I just can’t believe this is how blind the government are.

So many limited companies will close, tax will reduce, work will go outside of UK. I’ve put in 10 years to build my company and now the banks won’t even deal with it. And for no reason other than the thick people in government who just have their head in the sand.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel View Post
      This will impact the economy and its all self inflicted. They will end up blaming brexit and this will be go under the radar. Work is being sent over to India and other parts of the world and I just can’t believe this is how blind the government are.

So many limited companies will close, tax will reduce, work will go outside of UK. I’ve put in 10 years to build my company and now the banks won’t even deal with it. And for no reason other than the thick people in government who just have their head up their jacksies .
      FTFY

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I wanna add to my rant...

Why on earth does the CEST tool even *have* an 'inconclusive' outcome.

That's like putting someone on trial and having the jury deliberate and finally deliver a verdict of 'I don't know'.

If HMRC are gonna demand people go inside or outside then their stupid tool needs to pick a side.

Comment

Originally posted by FIERCE TANK BATTLE View Post

That's like putting someone on trial and having the jury deliberate and finally deliver a verdict of 'I don't know'.

If HMRC are gonna demand people go inside or outside then their stupid tool needs to pick a side.
          It's deliberate isn't it? They need to create as much uncertainty as they can so that they can spread further confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            This is the deliberate obstinacy of Whitehall at play. This is not Tory policy. There was nothing in the manifesto. They are being weak, or dare not challenge the mandarins. I don't know why.
            I do. Read Yes Minister. The ministers are house-trained. There used to be continuity between cabinets - a mix of new and old hands. The old hands had the measure of the civil service and could handle it to an extent. Blair came in with a bunch of newbies, who exclaimed how helpful the civil service are, not at all as they'd expected. At that point it was clear the Civil Service was on the ascendancy.

Originally posted by Rebel View Post
            I just don’t understand how they can proceed when it’s unlawful and has such issues
            Unlawful is one thing. Getting it to court so that a judge can rule on it is another. You can do what is (probably) unlawful up until a judge says "no". Unlawful is not the same as criminal.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by FIERCE TANK BATTLE View Post

Two reasons imho:

- so that HMRC can claim that you've put the data incorrectly and if you did it again correctly then you'd be inside

- to push clients into uncertainty and make them want to go ban-PCSs to reduce risk

IR35 was never black and white and what they're doing with their retarded CEST tool is trying to make a complex decision based on a bunch of simple questions. It's designed to fail.

Comment

Working...
              X