• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Petition Against IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Petition Against IR35

Hello All,

I have started a petition against IR35. We have 161 signatures at the moment but we need to get to 10,000.
    https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/204121

This is very much in everyone's interest in the UK so please support.

Regards

Ian Kendrick

Really.

Have you been living in a cave for the last 5 days??

HMRC are riding on the crest of a wave atm...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Why is it as soon as I read a title like this I have a horrible feeling it's going to be a poorly worded effort that completely misses the mark and is likely to be more damaging that useful?

There is evidence that the Chancellor is planning to extend IR35 legislation to the private sector in an attempt to equalise the payments and tax regimes between contractors and permanent employees. Contractors take considerable risk in their financial stability and can be without work for weeks.
      That's it?? That is the basis of your petition?

Well at least it's carrying on the tradition.......

Posted in the Public Sector IR35 part of the forum? Doh...
      Last edited by northernladuk; 7 November 2017, 14:28.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

What, IR35 doesn't currently apply to the private sector? I'm going to contact QDOS and get all that money spent on contract reviews back.

As for supporting IR35. Yep, if it drives all the permitractors away.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

The petition shows a distinct lack of understanding of current IR35 legislation. I am not going to put my name to something so badly worded.

Comment

Where's that faceplant smiley...

Comment

I've started a petition against petitions against IR35.

Could everyone sign it for me please.
              Petitions Online : Petition against petitions against IR35

Comment

You Guys...

The OP has good intentions, no need to rip into him/her.

There was this other petition which, I think, had the right sort of idea but got rejected anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Nominally View Post

There was this other petition which, I think, had the right sort of idea but got rejected anyway.
                  Neither the OP are that other petition actually does any good. Both show a lack of knowledge which encourages HMRC to push forward....
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Nominally View Post

It might be but trying to do the right thing incorrectly can be very damaging.

We've absolutely no idea what the OP actually knows about IR35 so some random person trying to speak for all of us and getting it badly wrong is just going to help their case no?

Comment

Working...
                    X