• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ir35 take home 85% under umbrella.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SenigPAY View Post
    True but there are some new rules coming out in September that will mean the recruitment agencies will need to be more careful over the umbrella companies they have 3rd party hire agreements with. Which is great news for the Umbrella companies that play by the rules.
    Unless I am being completely blonde, can you explain what new rules these are? There has been debt transfer in place for some time already

Comment

Originally posted by SenigPAY View Post
      True but there are some new rules coming out in September that will mean the recruitment agencies will need to be more careful over the umbrella companies they have 3rd party hire agreements with. Which is great news for the Umbrella companies that play by the rules.
      What new rules in September?
      Am I missing something?

Comment

As of the 30th September 2017, recruitment agencies will need to be 100% confident with the companies they recommend to contractors, as new laws come into force. In an unusual turn the government has suggested that any consultants receiving kick backs for referrals, even not in monetary form, could find themselves caught up and potentially prosecuted for criminal tax evasion if they recommend a tax avoidance scheme.

Take a look at this for more details...

Comment

Oh happy days!
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

We can but hope that it puts pay to referrals and helps to push the business in the right direction to compliant brollies!

Comment

Working...
            X