• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PS IR35 - Paystream and still use ltd instead of umbrella - VAT?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PayStream is voted Contractor UK’s umbrella provider of the year - Contractor Weekly

2013 but feck me...... The rest must have been bad.

Saying that my recent experience of umbrellas has not been good. They all seem to employ staff on minimum wage who have little idea what they're doing. Its money for nothing for them.

One decent umbrella seems to be the nice lady who posts on here but my agency wont deal with them.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

This gig is gonna be over by the time you get this sorted.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        This gig is gonna be over by the time you get this sorted.
        6 month extension starting soon! BOOOOOOMMMMMM

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          6 month extension starting soon! BOOOOOOMMMMMM
          Oh crap
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Oh crap
            NLUK - when you wake up sweating in the middle of the night and log on to CUK I'll be here!!!!

Comment

You sure about going with Paystream? There seems to be a couple of posts pop up that aren't that complimentary about them. Hate for you to be pissed of with them and have to moan to us constantly about it.
              I know a very poor agency who continually mention Paystream whereby they force contractors to use Paystream claiming that Paystream is the only 'regulated umbrella' out there and that in the event of taxes not being correctly paid the agency may face lawsuits if its contractors use a different umbrella. Essentially the agency is referring contractors to Paystream, one can only guess what reward is in it for the agency!

Comment

NLUK - when you wake up sweating in the middle of the night and log on to CUK I'll be here!!!!
                You were still here when you were a Job Club regular.

So, I guess, that's kind of guaranteed.

You are a bit of a bed wetter though
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by nosolog View Post
                  I know a very poor agency who continually mention Paystream whereby they force contractors to use Paystream claiming that Paystream is the only 'regulated umbrella' out there and that in the event of taxes not being correctly paid the agency may face lawsuits if its contractors use a different umbrella. Essentially the agency is referring contractors to Paystream, one can only guess what reward is in it for the agency!
                  I'm sure there's an agency [can't remember name] who are subtly linked in a business sense with Paystream...
                  Clarity is everything

Comment

One decent umbrella seems to be the nice lady who posts on here but my agency wont deal with them.
                    No names mentioned - but we have had an exception to the rule with said agency for one of our contractors, who said they would walk unless he could work with us - just saying

Comment

Originally posted by nosolog View Post
                      Hmmmm if the agency can prove they have done proper due diligence then there should be no issues in terms of liabilities

Comment

Working...
                      X