• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How work out the equivalent rate for inside IR35?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    I suspect they won't be that stupid - but you can see the revenge desire given the rumoured impact on "Making Tax Digital" and other projects (even the ESS tool)...
    Well yes. But if they're foolish enough to think that they can keep taxing people then, who knows, perhaps Ayn Rand was right after all.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I am finishing my PS, 4 month contract tomorrow as I have been deemed inside IR35 too.
      They have just asked if after a 1 week break, I come back on a 30% increase inside IR35.

I will talk to my accountant of course, and seeing as I have relatively low exposure I may take it.

Just thought I'd put it out there, as something which has "happened"!

Comment

Originally posted by bigthumper View Post
        I am finishing my PS, 4 month contract tomorrow as I have been deemed inside IR35 too.
        They have just asked if after a 1 week break, I come back on a 30% increase inside IR35.

I will talk to my accountant of course, and seeing as I have relatively low exposure I may take it.

Just thought I'd put it out there, as something which has "happened"!
        See if you can do it direct or through a different agent, it might decrease your risk of retrospective inspection.

Remember that 30% has to compensate you not only for tax but also for loss of T&S expenses, if any. But it's not a bad offer.

Comment

Working...
        X