• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How work out the equivalent rate for inside IR35?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chineseJohn View Post
    Yes I can afford to walk. Warchest not an issue. Plus Mrs CJ earns more than me

And you are worried about working at all.

You make me sick.

Become a kept man instead....

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Threat of retrospective

This threat of retrospective contracts, in your opinion, will it be all contracts or just PS ones?

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        And you are worried about working at all.

You make me sick.

Become a kept man instead....
        Mrs CJ will only allow me short periods of time off. After 4 weeks off she'll start nagging me

Comment

This threat of retrospective contracts, in your opinion, will it be all contracts or just PS ones?
          If they get a sniff of free money what so you think they will do?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            If they get a sniff of free money what so you think they will do?
            thanks I suspected so. Looks like we'll have to look at the project/fixed priced/statement of work route

Comment

thanks I suspected so. Looks like we'll have to look at the project/fixed priced/statement of work route
              If you're outside, you'll be at the back of the queue for a dry-bumming, don't worry, irrespective of sector. There's too much fresh meat coming available in the public sector for Hector not to gorge on it.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                Personally, I'd be asking to switch to FTC rather than messing around with Ltd or Umbrella (sorry Lucy!)
                You lot don't half make my job difficult Come on share some of the brolly love!!

Comment

In terms of retrospective, having been privy to a certain PS body document, I think the ones that have worked in the PS for some time, and then jump to Private are the ones that are likely to be targeted by the lovely folk at HMRC.

Comment

Originally posted by lucycontractorumbrella View Post
                    In terms of retrospective, having been privy to a certain PS body document, I think the ones that have worked in the PS for some time, and then jump to Private are the ones that are likely to be targeted by the lovely folk at HMRC.
                    Errrrm, don't get how they, HMRC, would work that out really
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                      Errrrm, don't get how they, HMRC, would work that out really
                      I think Lucy means that HMRC are going with the "they've jumped, that looks guilty" approach, rather than considering that it's tantamount to a 50% rate cut for those with reasonable travel expenses to move from outside to inside IR35.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X