• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A way out of IR35?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, so you're now an employee; your partner's company now has to tax you via PAYE.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by craigy1874 View Post
      Surely this is a wind up?
      Sadly I suspect not. Hang around here long enough and when you think you've seen it all another thread will pop up to confused and astound.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Sadly I suspect not. Hang around here long enough and when you think you've seen it all another thread will pop up to confused and astound.

So it has.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Gentlemen. I'm trying to land my first contract and not sure how all this LTD/IR35 works. I thought you decide if you was in or out IR35 by submitting evidence. Had no idea the public sector chooses! Forgive me you bunch of trolls!

Comment

Originally posted by Qscontractor View Post
            Gentlemen. I'm trying to land my first contract and not sure how all this LTD/IR35 works. I thought you decide if you was in or out IR35 by submitting evidence. Had no idea the public sector chooses! Forgive me you bunch of trolls!
            Cojak and LondonManc are girls if you don't mind.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Feet first is the only way out.

Comment

Originally posted by Qscontractor View Post
                I am definitely not male.

NLyUK isn't male either though she is less woman than me.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I have heard some of our NHS techies dodged the bullet by doing statement of work (SoWs) in order to avoid the IR35 changes but has anyone else heard more if PS bodies will accept this?
                  Last edited by BlackCountryContractor; 25 March 2017, 07:20.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCountryContractor View Post
                    I have heard some of our NHS techies dodged the bullet by doing statement of work (SoWs) in order to avoid the IR35 changes but has anyone else heard more if PS bodies will accept this?
                    A statement of work does not get you outside IR35 - it defines what you are working on while there...

If you look at the examples the best one regarding a statement of work is the website example. The requirements to escape IR35 are to accept the risk of delivering the work for a fixed fee and covering any costs over the original agreed figure (which means fixing things at no additional cost).
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      I am definitely not male.

NLyUK isn't male either though she is less woman than me.
                      At least I'm a lady.

Comment

Working...
                      X