• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: A way out of IR35?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "A way out of IR35?"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    At least I'm a lady.
    Very true:

Leave a comment:

• WordIsBond
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    she is less woman than me.
    You could always try losing some weight.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I am definitely not male.

NLyUK isn't male either though she is less woman than me.
    At least I'm a lady.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by BlackCountryContractor View Post
    I have heard some of our NHS techies dodged the bullet by doing statement of work (SoWs) in order to avoid the IR35 changes but has anyone else heard more if PS bodies will accept this?
    A statement of work does not get you outside IR35 - it defines what you are working on while there...

If you look at the examples the best one regarding a statement of work is the website example. The requirements to escape IR35 are to accept the risk of delivering the work for a fixed fee and covering any costs over the original agreed figure (which means fixing things at no additional cost).

Leave a comment:

• BlackCountryContractor
    replied
    I have heard some of our NHS techies dodged the bullet by doing statement of work (SoWs) in order to avoid the IR35 changes but has anyone else heard more if PS bodies will accept this?
    Last edited by BlackCountryContractor; 25 March 2017, 07:20.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Qscontractor View Post
    Gentlemen. I'm trying to land my first contract and not sure how all this LTD/IR35 works. I thought you decide if you was in or out IR35 by submitting evidence. Had no idea the public sector chooses! Forgive me you bunch of trolls!
    I am definitely not male.

NLyUK isn't male either though she is less woman than me.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Feet first is the only way out.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Gentlemen. I'm trying to land my first contract and not sure how all this LTD/IR35 works. I thought you decide if you was in or out IR35 by submitting evidence. Had no idea the public sector chooses! Forgive me you bunch of trolls!
    Cojak and LondonManc are girls if you don't mind.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Sadly I suspect not. Hang around here long enough and when you think you've seen it all another thread will pop up to confused and astound.

So it has.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by craigy1874 View Post
    Surely this is a wind up?
    Sadly I suspect not. Hang around here long enough and when you think you've seen it all another thread will pop up to confused and astound.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    OK, so you're now an employee; your partner's company now has to tax you via PAYE.

Leave a comment:

• DotasScandal
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Not even a mention of HMRC?
    Friday's my day off.

Leave a comment:

• craigy1874
    replied
    Surely this is a wind up?

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Hi All,

Been thinking about this for a while as a PSC.

What if I setup the company in my partners name dissolve my compamy? Now I'm an employee with a shareholder?

Please tell me this is possible! Cheers!
    A better way is to get you and six of your contractor mates to invoice each other a 'consultancy fee' each month, say £1000 per month plus VAT. That way you are now 'a consultancy' and exempt from IR35. QC opinion pending.

Or you could form a company with 5 other contractors. That's never been thought of either.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X