• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Its fine roll it out to the private sector.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    BS.

True, my current one is 4 years in, obviously as I'm 90% WFH I largely use my own stuff in any case.

You don't spend a fortune on them to get rid of during the usual consumer life cycle.
    Read the answer- it's

Equipment - significant tools needed to do the work (not including items already owned by the worker's business)

And that's a gotcha for anyone using high spec equipment bought for the work they do rather than a client....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Read the answer- it's

Equipment - significant tools needed to do the work (not including items already owned by the worker's business)

And that's a gotcha for anyone using high spec equipment bought for the work they do rather than a client....
      Sorry Eek, I actually meant the actual question is a little BS in the fact that it does not allow inclusion for equipment you already own.
      Most companies give employees laptops to work from home, they don't always own them.

Reading my response again it looks like I'm suggesting you are speaking BS, which, on this occasion, I most certainly am not
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        Reading my response again it looks like I'm suggesting you are speaking BS, which, on this occasion, I most certainly am not
        Disclaimer noted.

Comment

Its fine roll it out to the private sector.

I think the key thing in all of this is that the client can run the test and have a determination preprepared for the JD. If you want the inside role then it's yours and you have already being warned. I think this is a very workable solution. Panic over. See you next Wednesday.
          Last edited by seeourbee; 2 March 2017, 18:22.

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
            Disclaimer noted.
            You barsteward
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              But it doesn't hold true for existing equipment. I endeavour to use my own equipment (it's better than the tulip most clients give contractors) but I don't buy new equipment all the time. Last years laptop will do me until 2019 at the earliest....
              £1k to buy a new laptop for the project to get a definite outside judgement seems a small price to pay
              First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. But Gandhi never had to deal with HMRC

Comment

Originally posted by RonBW View Post
                £1k to buy a new laptop for the project to get a definite outside judgement seems a small price to pay
                Has to be a requirement of the contract, though. So you've got to educate your client on the need for it.

Everybody rush out and buy shares in computer manufacturers, I detect a mini-boom in laptop sales coming.

Comment

If I complete the assesment personally e.g I work where I want, no set hours, no control (but even failing the untested RoS).. answer is im out.

But but but.. the agency doesn't know the way I work and why would they take want to put their balls on the line? Their answers won't be the same as mine. Their answers will be biased to low risk, generalisation and guesswork.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    It's them that run the test not us so they will need educating at source before they start ticking that box surely?
                    This. How I fill it in and how HR fill it might be very different.

Comment

We can Help

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                      This. How I fill it in and how HR fill it might be very different.
                      Once we have worked out the correct form of words we can provide the end client with the correct question and answer set that accurately reflects our contracts, just to be helpful.

Comment

Working...
                      X