• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Its fine roll it out to the private sector.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seeourbee View Post
    I had a quick play with it. Glad to see the rumour I had heard (see other thread) has been implemented - namely if you are filling an otherwise permanent role then you are most of the way to being deemed inside IR35. That may seem obvious to us but until very recently it wasn't included.
    I assume outside as you wrote it was a typo...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Sorry I meant to type the word "not" in ... will edit now

Comment

Excellent. Some sense st last.

Comment

Originally posted by seeourbee View Post
          Sorry I meant to type the word "not" in ... will edit now
          I actually don't see that from my playing with it. What I see is that its very easy to get a dunno result....
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Guesstimator View Post
            as does fixing cock ups at own time/cost.
            Not always. I played around and hit a few combinations that included that and got "unable to determine."

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              one important question is ( I think its 7):-

Once the worker starts the engagement, can the end client decide how the work is done?

Answer 1) The worker decides how the work needs to be done without any input from the end client rapidly gives you an out decision when you hit 9
              Answer 4) The end client can't decide how the work needs to be done because it's a highly skilled role causes problems....
              Yes, I noticed that, too.

Rather relevant to my work -- that's why they get me in, because they don't have people who know how to do what I can do. So that means "no control" by any sane measure, right? But Answer 1 is better than Answer 4. Bizarre. "No control" is good but "Control would be impossible because my business provides something they can't do themselves" is bad? I'm not sure that's been thought through very well.

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
                Not always. I played around and hit a few combinations that included that and got "unable to determine."
                Ah, OK, thanks for that....weird though because my answers up to that point were deliberately answering erring toward trying to force an inside status, just to see, and that one answer punted the whole lot as outside.

On the whole, to me, it seems surprisingly...balanced...

I'll grab a print out before they change it...

Comment

Straight forward right of substitution puts you outside.
                  But is it true RoS? http://forums.contractoruk.com/publi...ml#post2381221

BTW I think admin need to merge threads....
                  This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Once the worker starts the engagement, can the end client decide how the work is done?

Answer 1) The worker decides how the work needs to be done without any input from the end client rapidly gives you an out decision when you hit 9
                    Answer 4) The end client can't decide how the work needs to be done because it's a highly skilled role causes problems....
                    I agree - I would have thought that 4 would have been a good one to choose, but it seems that the first one is better.

I've done quite a few scenarios based on different contracts, trying to factor in any potential difference between what I might answer and what the client might have said to give the worst case scenarios - the majority (not by much) then came back as unable to determine, the rest came back outside.
                    First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. But Gandhi never had to deal with HMRC

Comment

I selected that option actually and still come up outside.
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X